Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fireworks?

Just a short post with a small, easy card. The Hero Arts blog has a theme of Summer Fun and 4th of July, for this month's challenge. I don't have any fireworks stamps but had a card idea in my head, so I thought since I had the Silhouette Spray stamp on my desk from an earlier card, it would be fun to use it for fireworks. Not sure if it works, but it was a fun card to make.



I clear embossed the spray a few times, using Barn Door and Faded Jeans. I also stamped it with VersaMark and embossed with white EP. The scalloped circle shape was cut with a Nestie, using my Cuttlebug. I inked white card stock for the background with Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks. I then flicked water onto the colors. I also used a Fiskars star punch on white card stock and smeared the stars onto my craft sheet, into Faded Jeans and a mix of Perfect Pearls and water. The stars are more sparkly in real life. I also added some Hero Arts Metallic Decor to a couple of the sprays and near the sentiment.

Have a great day everyone! :)

13 comments:

Joy said...

Barb, your card is so creative, love how you have used flowers to produce fireworks, love it.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous 4th of July card, Barb! Such a brilliant use of the Silhouette spray stamp!

Anita Rex said...

Ooooooo super creative to use the Silhouette spray stamp as fireworks! It totally works and looks amazing! I love it! Hope your having a great vacation!

Deirdre said...

Barb, just love it.... great card.

Trinh said...

Fantastic card, Barb! So clever of you to use the silhouette spray for the fireworks!!!

Nancy said...

Your card is just so cool, Barb. It looks just like fireworks to me. So clever!

Anne said...

What wonderful creativity here Barb- love your fireworks!!

Nat said...

you are so creative Barb!! Such a great idea, love this!

Anonymous said...

I love this Barb!! The silhouette spray is absolutely perfect for the fireworks - you are too clever! Its a great idea :)

Hannah said...

Brilliant! What a creative use of this stamp! :)

Suzanne C said...

Love that you used the flower for sparklers or fireworks. So very pretty!

Monika Reeck said...

Great card with fireworks Barb...very pretty agree with Suzz....hugs, Monika

Jill said...

You are really rocking the distress inks, Barb! I'm diggin' all of your cards! This is especially fun- GREAT fireworks! So festive!