Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Flowers Starting to Bloom!

Happy Thursday to you!

After being at work yesterday, I spent the late afternoon and most of the evening with my sweet mom. She was actually feeling fairly good with less pain. For those of you who do not know, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple of months ago. I will some day do a post all about her, but for now, suffice it to say that she is an amazing woman who I admire and love so much! Her sense of humor, positive, optimistic attitude and love for life are still very much intact!

So, the reason I am telling you this is because I did not get a chance to make a card for today. Instead, I have a few more pictures of some of the flowers that have started to bloom around my yard. This first one is Veronica. I remember it being a darker shade of purple last year. This year it has such a pretty shade of lavender!




This next photo is of my Gaillardia. (Also called Blanket Flower.) When I took the picture, I still needed to plant some of the annuals in the garden. That's why you see only dirt around it, but isn't it beautiful?! When the flower is done blooming, there is the cutest little, soft, fuzzy "ball" left on the plant that lasts for days! And I love these colors!




Here is the first bloom from my Day Lilies! Love this bright yellow. I have two other lilies that are a beautiful, soft peach color, but they haven't bloomed yet.




And then there is this!! My huge, gorgeous Iris! They get bigger every year! It is such a deep purple! Looks fabulous near the bright yellow lilies!




Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed the flowers! It's suppose to start raining later, and not stop until Sunday! I would so much rather have sunshine, but at least I have a hobby that I love....especially when it's raining outside! (Such a good excuse to stay in and craft!) Have a fabulous day! :)

14 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful! I hope you keep showing us your garden as the summer goes on - such a nice mix. Please give you Mom a hug from me.

Virginia L. said...

WOW!You grow beautiful flowers right in your own backyard!! What can you NOT grow? Stamps!? I'll be thinking of you on my way to Taiwan...xoxo

Joy said...

Sending you hugs as always Barb and to your sweet Mum. I am pleased that she was in good spirits today. Also, loving your beautiful garden with all it's lovely flowers. Hugs.

CinnamonSally said...

You have such a lovely collection of flowers in your garden Barb, so pretty. I love seeing all your photos of them.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! Those are some amazing photos!! Love it Barb, I wish I could trek through your beautiful garden! BIG hugs to you and your mom!

donna mikasa said...

Hugs to you and your mom. Thanks for brightening up my day with your gorgeous photos! Take good care...

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous flowers Barb and wishing your Mom all the best!

Sarah J Moerman said...

What a beautiful garden, Barb! Thinking of you and your Mom. Hugs.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, I very much enjoyed reading about your flowers--they are beautiful. Looking at your photos put a smile on my face and let me forget for a little while about a little bit of sadness that happened today. Thanks for sharing this; it was so much appreciated. I wish your Mom the best and I will keep her in my prayers. Take care. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

These are such beautiful photos Barb!! Your garden must be stunning! Sending you hugs and prayers for your sweet mum. xox

Anita Rex said...

Hi Barb you should come and visit me and help me pick flowers to plant! My daughter would love it and I have been considering it but have no clue where to start! Your flowers are amazing! I would love to read a post about your mom, she sounds wonderful.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful flowers. Hope your mom is doing well.

stampingandstitching said...

Big hugs to you and your mom Barb. Loved having another peek in your garden - fab flowers!

ivy said...

your mom is lucky to have you as her daughter! you always brighten up our days by your kind comments and i am sure you brighten up your mom's!
TFS your garden pics....love to see your beautiful cards as well as pics of our lives outside of crafts.