Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Few Flowers, Some Veggies and a Card

Happy "Hump" Day!

Today I thought I'd share just a couple of things growing in my yard. This first photo is part of my flower garden. I'm not thrilled with it this year, but I do love the colors and these large Marigolds.


I have never like marigolds, but this year I found these jumbo ones in this soft, buttery yellow and really like the way they look.


This next one is my pretty, light peach Lily. It looks more yellow in the picture, but trust me, it has such a soft peach color with a bright yellow center.


Here's a closer view. Isn't it pretty?


Now for my veggies. The tomatoes are coming along nicely.


We've picked a few of these already. Yum!! LOVE green pepper!


And I need to get back out there to grab these off the vine and cook 'em up! Nothin' better than fresh green beans from the garden!



Okay, so there's one more thing to share with you today. It's a card I made a while back and just haven't posted it yet. I love the plums and purples together. The sentiment tag is hand drawn and I found the pretty white button at a fabric store in town. I thought the card looked pretty, propped up in a pot full of purple flowers. Boy, that sentence was full of p's, wasn't it?


Have a wonderful Wednesday! Remember to share your smile!

19 comments:

Barbara said...

Your flowers are beautiful and your vegies look great!
I love the monochromatic look of your card and I really like the text behind your flower!

I love that you said "remember to share your smile!" . I will try to do that today!

Lin said...

Wonderful post today, Barb! You are lucky to be able to take pictures of your garden at all - with this heat, everything is looking awful in mine. Your vegies look delish!
Love your card today, that banner sentiment is perfect, and I love it sitting in your perfect pot of purple petals :)))

Michelle said...

Love the fresh veges:-) A luxury for me... We cant grow half the stuff due to the hot weather, Tomatoes grow well though!
Thanks for sharing the pics:-)

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Barb and love the pics of your veggies, I have managed to grow, courgettes, runner beans and italian black beans, also some new potatoes. Don't they taste so much better when you have grown them yourself.
Hugs
Sally

Anonymous said...

Wow Barb!! Fabulous photos!!!!
Your garden looks amazing!
Grea card too! :)

Nancy said...

Your veggies do look great, Barb! Nothing like food right from the vine! I love your card too, especially the banner with the sentiment. Great idea!

stampingandstitching said...

Love seeing photos of your flowers and veg, Barb! There's nothing like the taste of fresh veg straight out of the garden. Your card is gorgeous! I love the design and the colours you have used!

Virginia L. said...

What a FABULOUS post, Barb! Such a treat to see your gorgeous flowers/vege. in your yard and sweet card!! You sure did share your smile today with all of us :)

Virginia L. said...

Oh... and I really like your hand drawn banner sentiment! Just lovely!!!

Debbie said...

beautiful flowers, yummy veggies, and a great card!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely pictures of your garden, flowers and your card is beautiful. Love the banner for the sentiment!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love your card in all the different shades of purple, this color always seems to imply beauty and grace, doesn't it? I'm so jealous of your beautiful flowers and your fresh garden! Everything looks so good!

Trinh said...

Your flowers are beautiful and the veggies look yummy! Love the card too - beautiful colors & that button is fab!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers Barb and those veggies look so yummy!! Gorgeous card - the banner is such a great idea and I love that button!!
Murphy is such a cutie as well! I've noticed him everytime i stop by here. They are soo much to have around arent they!

alexandra s.m. said...

With all the love you put in everything you do, I'm not surprised to see your beautiful production! Well done barb!
Love your card!!

Dawn T said...

Your garden is so pretty Barb and love those veggies.... Your card is adorable as well.

Tanya said...

Love seeing your beautiful flowers and veggies, I love summer! Beautiful card too, one of my favorite stamps!

ivy said...

love the pictures of all your veggies in the garden (and the flowers). isn't it a great feeling to know that you grew all that and that's it's free from pestisides?
love the stamped flower on text BG! beautiful barb!

78thistles said...

Another beautiful card Barb! Love that hydrangea with the script.