Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas Has Taken Over My Craft Space!

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a fun time over the weekend, creating some Christmas cards with a few new stamps I bought! Love the inspiration that comes with getting new stuff! :)


First up is a card I made very quickly for Heather's 90-Minute Scramble Challenge in the Hero Arts Flickr group on Saturday! What fun it was being pushed to do a card so fast! I was nervous the whole time! A few smudges here and there but that's part of the fun! The challenge was to use something that was not specifically bought for card making. I used a few little sprigs from some holly that I had for decorating.



Next up is a card made with the beautiful blue, square card that Dawn sent to me! She sent a few of them in different colors and I adore this deep blue! I used my new Grand Snowflake stamp from Hero Arts, embossed with some Ranger Embossing Tinsel. It's tough to see, but it has little flecks of silver for a slight sparkle. I added two Hero Arts, felt snowflakes onto the bow.



Okay, this little reindeer has to be one of the sweetest stamps ever! I didn't realize he was such a small stamp and I love that! I colored him in with Copics, cut him out, then added dots with the Colorless Blender. I added some Holly colored Stickles to the ends of his antlers and I used Frosted Lace Stickles for the snowy hill and falling flakes. The pretty ribbon is Hero Hues.



This last card was made by stamping the Happy Holiday Trees with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I then added some darker green to the branches with a Copic Marker. Frosted Lace stickles were used for a sparkly look to the snow, and Broken China Distress ink for shading the background. I also added some falling snow, but this time I used White Opal Liquid Pearls.


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you all have a fabulous week! :)

27 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you had fun with the new stamps as it shows!! Each one of them is so beautiful!! Love that deer stamp and how you "dressed up" the card with the ribbons! Have a FAB week, Barb!

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow!! All three of these are soo beautiful! Absolutely love the snowflake card :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Barb... all the cards are fabulously beautiful!

78thistles said...

Such great cards Barb! Love that little reindeer. Christmas is just starting to take over my craft room too and I like it ;-)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card, Barb!You've got some serious Christmas mojo going on. :)

Nat said...

wow barb, you have been busy! love these Christmas creations, this deer is sooo sweet! enjoy your day :)

Lin said...

You are off and running with your Christmas cards! And giving us lots of inspiration along the way! Love every single one of these - keem 'em coming!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

OH Barb, how busy you have been!
All the cards you have made are GORGEOUS.
I especially love the reindeer and the colour combo.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

All of these are so gorgeous Barb, you are definitely on a roll and going to be done with all of your x-mas cards at this rate, WOW! I like those little twigs and the last one with the trees looks fabby, such great distressing!

Suzanne C said...

All these holiday cards are beautiful! Love what you did with the 90 minute cards. These are wonderful and you have a fantastic start on your Christmas cards. :)

Clare said...

Beautiful, fabulous cards Barb! I keep procrastinating with those Christmas cards - my record of finished cards so far is....1! ;)
Especially love that last card, Barb - looks like it is truly snowing on it!

Dawn T said...

Great cards Barb.... you really are on a roll... it is a great feeling when it all just comes together like that...

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, your holiday cards are gorgeous. It sounds like you were having fun making these cards. Looking forward to seeing more cards. Take care and God bless. Hugs to you.

Rosemary said...

i can tell you had a lot of fun with your new stamps! wonderful group of Christmas cards, barb!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow! All of these cards are terrific Barb! I just love every one of them! Love the details, the stickles, the dots on the reindeer, the snowflakes, etc, etc. Great Christmas cards!

Jacqueline said...

So striking - looked fantastic on the big screen at Flickr - an inspirational creation Barb!

ivy said...

do tell me more about that colorless blender that you used on that cute reindeer card! these are all wonderful cards barb! you have been busy!!

Barbara said...

Love your Christmas cards. I start early as well and am over halfway there to finishing up. I make them all different and that is a challenge, but is more fun. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jill said...

You really have a jumpstart on your Christmas cards! AND they are all masterpieces!!! I especially love, love, LOVE the last one with the trees and beautiful sky! HUGS, my friend!!!

lynda said...

Great cards Barb. You certainly have been busy. I really like that little reindeer dude...might have to get it. Love the way you dotted him! And that tree one...fabulous!!

Deirdre said...

Barb... amazing cards. Happy Birthday - hope you have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Haha... I love the title of this post! :)
I feel the same way lately. LoL...
These cards are all so fabulous. Each one is so different from the others and unique. The details are so pretty. Great work! You are definitely on a roll! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

beautiful cards barb!
Thanks for the inspiration!!

Dwita said...

Beautiful cards, Barb. And you explained so clearly that I understood how you made this and that. Thanks, Barb.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love the reindeer one. Thanks for sharing.

Monika Reeck said...

these are adorable BARB love the blue one so elegant card the first card also sooo adorable...miss your lovely words on my Blog...since I have my full time job no time to commenting so sorry Barb..and my Blog was also empty...but now I am unemployed again and have a bit time to creating :) see you again on my Blog maybe...hugs

stampingandstitching said...

Wow wonderful Christmas cards, Barb - you are on a roll! Love them all! You worked wonders in 90 minutes!