Friday, October 15, 2010

Ending My Hostess Duties and a Thank You

My Hero Arts hostessing duties come to an end today. I'm a bit sad, but also very grateful to have had this amazing opportunity!

The time really has flown by and I have loved every minute of being a Hero hostess! I'll never forget reading that very first e-mail from Tami, inviting me to be a hostess. I was so surprised, I let out a little scream and ran to got my hubby. I asked him to read it to make sure I was seeing it correctly!

I will cherish the friendships I've made with my hostess sisters, always. The 5 of them are not only talented card makers, they are truly amazing ladies who inspire me more than they will ever know! Jenny, Joy, Nancy, Kryssi and Robin, I want to thank you for being so supportive of me when I needed it, (and believe me, there were a few times that happened!) and for being such fun friends! We're taking off the aprons today, but I'm so glad it's not goodbye! I know we'll stay close through the wonderful Flickr group and continue to "see" each other because of this amazing hobby of ours!

I want to thank Tami for being there at any given time to answer our questions and guide us through our duties! She was always just a delight to talk with, and has such a warm, caring personality! I image in real life she always has a smile on her face! Thank you Tami! You're the best!

I can't thank Hero Arts enough, not only for the Flickr group, but for being the kind of company that encourages it's customers to be involved and makes them feel like they're more important than anything else! It's companies like this that make the world a happier, better place! So thank you, Hero Arts! I had such fun being a hostess for you, and will always be grateful for these past three months! Here's a card I've made to show my appreciation.



I cut the frame from some pretty Fancypants paper. The dogwood flowers were stamped with Versa Color Sand Beige, clear embossed and colored with Copics. I added some Antique Linen Distress Stickles for a bit of sparkle and used my favorite pearls from the Hero Hues collection.

Again, thank you, Hero Arts! It was a blast! :)

26 comments:

Joy said...

I love your post Barb, I could not have said it better, you are the sweetest and I am so happy that I was given the opportunity to work alongside of you, hugs sweet friend!

Dwita said...

I also love your post here, Barb.. Yes, time flies so quickly. You are such a wonderful lady who always gives lovely comment. I'm really glad to meet you, Barb. I wish I also could be one of the hostesses, too...

Hugs,
Dwita.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Barb, you were a wonderful hostess! So glad that Hero Arts chose you! Lovely card as always. :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, I want to also thank you for all the very wonderful comments that you have left on my blog and over at my photostream on the Hero Arts Flickr group. You are an inspiration and I always look forward to seeing your cards. Love your beautiful card. Time does go by quickly and you were a gracious hostess. Have a wonderful day.

Deirdre said...

Barb, adore your card. A big THANK YOU to you for all that you did while you were a hostess... you were truly amazing. Thank you for all the encouragement and wonderful comments - it was lovely getting to know you a little better through the daily "chat".

Hugs to you. Deirdre

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Barb, you have been a fabulous Hostess, your comments are always appreciated, thanks so much.
Sallyx

Lin said...

You were a wonderful hostess! I know you'll continue to show your enthusiasm for all things Hero! Thank you for a great term!

Rosemary said...

so sorry that you have had to take off your apron, barb! you were a wonderful hostess and so deserving of the honor! thanks for all your sweet, sweet comments! to use an old fashioned term you are "the bees knees"!! :O)

Dawn T said...

Wow - what a heartfelt post Barb... you were a FABULOUS hostess and it is sad to take off your apron, but as you said, you'll still be around. Yes Hero Arts is an incredible company.

Anita Rex said...

What a great thank you card and a great post! Loved you as a hostess, you excelled! :> Can't wait to see what else is in store for you!

Anonymous said...

This is soo beautiful Barb! You have been an amazing hostess :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Barb! Thank you for your time, encouragment and support...your kind, sweet comments are so appreciated :) You have been a wonderful hostess! It was a bit sad to see your apron put away but I am grateful that you are still here!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Barb, glad I've tracked down your blog! Love your card, you sure had a blast as a Hostess!!!! Just signed up as a follower, Jo x

Kathy (krolski) said...

This card is gorgeous Barb! And thanks for being such a great hostess. You always leave the sweetest and most encouraging comments. You're such a special person!

Debbie said...

You have been a wonderful hostess!!!

Anne said...

What a wonderful card here Barb! I will miss you as a Hero hostess but still so glad to have you as a friend. We will have to get together for lunch someday soon- miss ya :)

Hugs, Anne

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card. You were a hostess before being named a hostess! You fulfilled your duties beautifully!

alexandra s.m. said...

You will always be the sweetest hostess Barb!
Love your card ;-)

Sanne said...

You did so well as hostess - thanks for all your lovely comments!
Great design on your card Barb - love the sparkle!

Unknown said...

Barb, Great card, and sorry to see you girls go, you all did a fantastic job, and your creations are always a joy to look at, and you always manage to find the time to encourage us new folks on with your lovely comments, thanks for all you do!!
Donna

Kristin said...

Great card Barb! Thanks for your comments about my wine bottle at Moxie Fab, I love the support!

Rina Damay said...

Barb,Thank you so much for your nice comment. they help me much as a beginner of card-creating..

Keep Creating

Rina Damay

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card tfs!!!

Kathy said...

Barb you are the kindest person and you have the biggest heart. Sorry you "term" has ended but, you will always be a hostess in my eyes. Hugs to you,Kathy

Anne said...

Hi, Barb! We will miss you as a Hero Arts Hostess! You did the apron proud! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

what a pretty card Barb and I am happy you were a lovely and kind HOstess..love u...hugs