Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trying New Things

Hi everyone!

I must admit, I tend to get in a rut sometimes and avoid trying new things. When this happens, I try to remember what my mom always told me. That to change is to grow and to change often is to grow perfect. Change is usually a difficult thing for most people but not for my mom. She loved things changing and said that it helped to make life more fun and interesting. There's that positive attitude of hers, coming through as it did throughout her life. I'm sorry, I did not mean to go on and on about my mom. I guess there are days I just miss her so!

Anyway, back to the reason for my post title. I decided, after seeing adorable cards by Lin, Kath and others, to buy my first Penny Black stamp set. It is the cutest set called, Jolly Friends. I usually hesitate when buying stamps like this because I do not have much confidence in my coloring ability. But this set was just too cute to pass up! I am also trying something else new, and entering both of my cards into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and the challenge over at Penny Black at Allsorts. Here are the two cards I've made so far with this delightful set.





I loved coloring and playing with these images and know I'm not anywhere close to putting this set away! Just love it!

Thanks for your visit! I do appreciate it. . .so much! :)

26 comments:

Rosemary said...

adorable cards, barb! i just ordered a couple of penny black stamps. congrats on your fab 5 win!

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing your mom's wonderful wisdom, that is great advice! And I'm glad you are trying new things with such success, too! These cards are just so charming and pretty. I love the colors you chose and you did a lovely job with your coloring!
bless you sweet Barb!

Nancy said...

Forgot to mention how much I love your new blog decor...that banner photo is really fantastic!
hugs!

alexandra s.m. said...

lovely Barb!!

ivy said...

what cute cards! the coloring is fab!

Virginia L. said...

Love LOVE your CUTE cards, Barb! So glad that you step outside of your comfort zone and try new things... Mom would be proud! xoxox

donna mikasa said...

Such cute cards, Barb! Those PB images are too cute! Hope to see more!

Joy said...

Super sweet cards Barb, I love your colouring and design of the cards, so pleased you brought some Penny Black stamps and what's more I think your Mum's words of wisdom are right, so nice, she is with you in everyway, hug!

Kath Stewart said...

wow barb so glad that you decided to join the Penny Black family and hey no worries your colour work is fabulous....I love this cute Jolly Friends Set and thank you so much for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hope to see you often...hugs kath xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww these are so cute Barb!! Your mum is exactly right! Just remember she will always be with you! :)

Anne said...

Both of your cards are just adorable and colored perfectly Barb- good luck on the contest and glad to see you taking a chance and trying out a new stamp company!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both of these cards are adorable Barb! Love your coloring! And your Mom sounds like such a special lady.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Barb, don't you just love PB images? One of my first stamp was from PB. Your cards are so cute & adorable! I am sure there are many days you miss your mom. I am here if you ever need a friend. Hugs.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, love these adorable cards. Wonderful job on the coloring.

stampingandstitching said...

Aw these are both super cute, Barb! I love the designs and your colouring is beautiful! Of course you'll miss your mom but it sounds like she gave you such great advice and a great way of looking at the world.

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love all of these fun images, perfectly darling and they are fun to color, hah? Fabulous design on both cards!

Sanne said...

Cutie stamps - so sweet!

Ellibelle said...

Another couple of cute penny black cards! Loving the sweet images.
Thanks so much for sharing these with us at penny black @ all sorts too.

brenda said...

Hi Barb

Two lovely cards, your shading you have added to the first is just perfect.

Thank you for joining in at Penny Black at Allsorts this month and good luck.

B x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wonderful cards!

Thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts, hope to see you soon again!

Big hugs
Maarit

Shirley said...

You have been busy Barb. Another two gorgeous cards which fit in perfectly for our challenge this month at Penny Black at Allsorts. Thank you for entering in the challenge and we hope you will join us next month too.

Shirley

Karina Beck said...

Beautiful work with cute images.

Zoechaos said...

Your colouring is great no need to worry about it. More smashing cards thank you for sharing with us again at Pennyblack@allsorts xx Zoe

Jacqueline said...

Good for you Barb, having a change up from the Hero Arts!!

Mervi said...

Lovely and sweet cards, beautiful colouring!
Thanks for sharing these with us
at Penny Black @ Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Suzanne C said...

Cute Cute Cute! Love both of the cards and so sweet!