Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Favorite Gift and Some Cards

Happy Sunday!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! My hubby gave me some awesome gifts this year! I got a gift card from Archiver's. . .YAY! My oldest son gave me one too, so I see a fun shopping trip coming in my near future! :) I also got a big, hard-cover book, filled with card ideas. . .Love it!


But my favorite gift that my hubby gave me is this:

I have always wanted one of these and it is so cool! He picked it out all by himself. The size, what it says and the font too. I think he did a pretty good job! Thank you, honey! :)



I had the chance to play a bit this past weekend too, and made a card for a friend.

I used the new Leaf Cluster cling from Hero Arts and lots of glittery Stickles.



I also made a couple of thank you cards for the Hero Arts challenge this month. This one is with the new Hand Drawn Flower, stamped on patterned paper. Very simple card.




And for this one I used the new Flower Bird Garden stamp. I decided to do the embossed, layered resist technique and I really like the way it turned out.




I have five more days of work, then I have nine days off! Not traveling anywhere, just time away from work. My favorite kind of vacation! Have a good start to the week and thanks for stopping by! :)

22 comments:

Lynn said...

How thoughtful..love that your hubby gave you this gift. Love all the glitter on your first card!

Nancy said...

Hi Barb...so happy you had a nice Christmas! Your hubby did a great job with his shopping, what a wonderful idea to have a personalized stamp made for you, I love it! I also love that you are making good use of crafting time, your cards are so lovely...I love what you are doing with the new stamps. Enjoy!

Dawn T said...

What a great pressie..... Your hubby was clever. I really like it. And vouchers to get whatever!!!! great fun. Your cards are so lovely Barb.

Jill said...

Your hubby did great! Love the stamp for the back of your cards! And your cards here look beautiful, too! The emboss resist card is just so soft and delicate! Can't get enough of it! :) HUGS and happy shopping, too!

Brenda said...

What a great gift from your hubby! Love all the cards you are showcasing today Barb! That Leaf Cluster and Flower Bird Garden are awesome stamps and you have mass beautiful cards with each! Those 9 days off are going to feel like heaven!

Anne said...

What a fabulous gift from your hubby- nothing like having your own personalized stamp for the back of your cards! Love the cards you made too- so pretty and they make me think longingly of Spring!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift!
Love your cards Barb!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great Cards Barb, especially the embossed one, it looks so pretty, I hope you are going to relax on your days off and create some more.
Smiles:)

Sanne said...

Perfeect gift lucky girl - looks awesome!
Very beautiful cards Barb - my fave is the embossede one - gorgeous!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great Christmas! What wonderful gifts you have received and your hubby did a brilliant job picking out your personalised stamp! Hope you have a lovely, relaxing holiday and manage to get a chance to go shopping with your gift cards when you're off work:)

Rosemary said...

what a sweet and thoughtful gift from your hubby, barb!! what a pretty group of cards you made! happy new year!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a guy you have, Barb - great gift! How fun to be able to stamp your logo on your new cards!

Michelle said...

fabulous Christmas from your husband and son!!! Beautiful cards!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

WOW Barb! What a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have, especially to think of you with crafty goodies in mind, have fun with your new name stamp! I love all the different techniques on your cards, so beautiful!

shirley said...

WOnderful cards Barb...love the embossed layered one!
Thoughtful gifts from your hubby and son!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Barb, all of your cards are fantastic! I really like the last one, it's my fav. And what thoughtful gifts from your hubby! Can't wait to see what you get from Archivers! Wish I could go shopping with you. :)

Unknown said...

wow...beautiful

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas Barb :) Big smiles on your favorite Christmas present from your DH - so sweet! Your cards are fabulous!
JeniferAnn

Sue McRae said...

Sounds like you got some fabulous "crafty" gifts and I like that your husband picked out the personalized stamp on his own. Oh, and I love the subtle shimmer to your leaf card!

Debbie said...

glad you had a wonderful holiday, what a great name stamp, your hubby did GOOD! I love that wonderful embossed card you did, so beautiful!

ivy said...

your emboss resist card is gorgeous! reminds me that i need to practice doing that technique.

what a sweet hubby to order you that stamp!

Suzanne C said...

Love your cards using the new stamps. That leaf cluster went to the top of the list and your card shines! Love that your hubby got you the personalized stamp it is perfect!