Saturday, May 28, 2011

90-Minute Scramble and Another Card Too

Happy Saturday everyone!

There was a 90-Minute scramble over in the Hero Arts Flickr group today. Greta was the host and she came up with such a fun theme! She wanted us to use our least favorite color. I looked through my photostream and realized that I rarely use yellow as a focal color on my cards, so that was my choice and here is my card.


You can take a look and everyone's cards here.



I also made another card using the beautiful Gerbera Daisy image from Flourishes. I colored it with Copics and added some script here and there with the La Letter stamp from Hero Arts. I then added it to the card base which was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts, Everyday Sayings, clear set.


We had a storm pass through today. It looked very scary on radar and there were tornadoes nearby but we just had some heavy rain and hail, thank goodness! It always scares me and I'm so relieved it wasn't worse! With all the horrible weather lately, I'm very grateful!

Hope all my U.S. friends are having a wonderful, Memorial Day weekend! We've been enjoying some friends who are staying with us. . .love when they visit!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

20 comments:

Brenda said...

Love both your cards Barb! Nothing wrong with your yellow card, you should use that colour more often! I completely missed this scramble for some reason...I am trying to coment on over 150 blogs on the OWH bloghop!!! Love your second card, your colouring is awesome!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love the gerberas. It is my very favorite of all. Such pretty coloring you did. Love the background for the gerbers and the lavender embossed background.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun scramble! The yellow card is beautiful! Your gerbera daisey card is so stunning! The color is gorgeous! Love how the flowers pop! So glad the weather didn't reek havok...Happy Memorial Day!

Tracey said...

I'm with you Barb on the yellow!!! HOwever....you made a beautiful card!!!! I also love your daisy card...wonderful colouring!!!

Lynn said...

Oh..so glad the storms missed you. I love both cards...I'd have to do purple if I had played along with the scramble :) Your coloring always amazes me!

Dawn T said...

Your cards are lovely Barb. I don't use yellow much either. Your yellow flower is rather stunning though. I do like you Gerbera card. So pretty. Glad you are okay weather wise... it has been scary reading about all the tornadoes and wondering who has been affected. Take care

Sudha said...

Wow beautiful creations Barb.

Jacqueline said...

You do yellow well Barb! Love both of your cards today, your second card is striking! I can imagine your anxiety with the storms that have been touching the US lately.. stay safe sweet friend.

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards - wow. I rarely use yellow myself. You did a stunning job!

Your daisies are fantastic!

Karen said...

Glad your storm wasn't any worse...I can't imagine what a tornado would be like, sounds soooo scary and what I see on the news is heart breaking.

Your cards are beautiful!! The yellow one is so sweet and the daisy's are stunning!! Love them! I want to know where to get that daisy stamp...or is it a digi?

Cathy A said...

Glad your storm blew over, I can't believe you and I share the least favourite colour, I can NEVER do cards in yellow! You have done a fabulous job with both these cards.

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet cards, barb!

Suzanne C said...

Both cards are lovely. The yellow is so bright and cheery. The lavender daisies are gorgeous.

Clare said...

Lovely yellow card! That subtle stamping in the background is fabulous! Oh, and your purple card is so sweet too - purple is my least favorite to create with! ;)

Anonymous said...

Barb these cards are gorgeous! Love that beautiful Yellow one - so bright and happy :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely Lovely Barb!
Thanks for sharing ~

Scrumplescrunch said...

The Gerberas are wonderful Barb.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

I absolutely adore your card in yellow! I think it should be a definite new color for you, so pretty! It just brings out the sunshine! Love the flower! Your gerbera card is so vibrant with the purples, really wonderful dimension, Barb!

Rosemary said...

your gerbera daisies card is so pretty, barb! love the color... great job on your scramble card!

Anne said...

Hi, Barb! Both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the Tall Flower in the yellow! I hardly ever use yellow, either, but you've made it look good! And I love those daisies, too! :-)