Monday, July 18, 2011

Lovin' These Colors For Card Camp, Week 4!

Boy do I ever like the colors this week! So much easier for me to work with than the browns and reds from week 3! Here they are:

So pretty, don't ya think?


I made a card with more greens than blues and I'm working on another with the opposite, so I hope to share that soon. Here's the one for today.



I used emboss resist on the butterfly punches. They were stamped with portions of the Fab Flourish from Hero Arts. It's tough to see but I clear embossed the Graph Background on the white, Tim Holtz die and scored some lines onto the lighter green panel. The Magical Background was stamped on the darker green piece. I white embossed the tiny, little "Hi" which is from a Flourishes stamp set. The flowers are from Prima.

I'm sure some of you have heard that we are in a serious heat wave, here in the Midwest. The weathermen take the temperature, combine it with the dew point and get what is called the heat index. It's a way of telling people just how hot it actually feels outside. Well, our temperature is 97 and our dew point is an unheard of 81! So our heat index today is suppose to be 118 degrees! I'm not kidding! That is what they say it feels like today! I can tell you right now that I will be staying inside, making cards today, that's for sure. I do need to go out and water my thirsty flowers and veggies, but it'll be quick! (And yes, for those of you wondering, I still think this is better than shoveling snow!)

I'll be doing something really fun on Thursday and I can't wait to tell you about it, so please come back for a visit that day!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week! :)

20 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Yet another beautiful card Barb!!! It shows how much you are enjoying the classes:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful butterflies. Lovely card. I too am hiding out in the air conditioned house.

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! And, I agreee wholeheartedly - it is still better than shoveling snow. 90 degrees is a lot better than 9 degrees.

Maureen Morton said...

You are a hot camper - and I don't mean the temps you are suffering! Wow, but this is so gorgeous, Barb! Those butterflies are amazing, but you have created magic with the flowers (I hear that is what you do best). I need to try that scoring technique - love it. You rock. You are also driving me totally crazy with your teasing - no fair!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I too would rather a heat wave to snow!!
Beautiful card, Barb! love the emboss resist butterflies!!

Tanya said...

So pretty Barb, I love these colors this week too! It's dreadfully hot here too, almost hate to even go outside. Can't wait to hear your news!

Lynn said...

We went to the pool tonight...nothing but a pool or AC is bearable right now! You are right...I love the colors on this card..and would you please fast forward to Thursday for your announcement :)!

sheila said...

this card looks cool and refreshing.....I know how hot it is there....my daughter said it is just miserable!

Tina said...

Love the light feel of your card. Embossed butterflies gives such a nice dimension.

Dawn T said...

love this one Barb. I so like these colours

Cathy A said...

Barb, PLEASE send some of your warm weather over here, our summer has been decidedly rainy.

You have been making so many beautiful cards for the summer card camp, must remember to check back thursday and see what you are up to...I have some friends round to make charity cards that day!

Joy said...

This card my friend is super beautiful, really love the softness that you brought to this creation...looking forward to what you have in stall...stay cool my friend!

Donna B. said...

Love this soft and pretty card Barb! This is my favorite color combo yet, but I'm not at home to make a card!! I'm somewhere a little cooler with a much lower dew point than you - Mexico! Stay inside with the A/C on!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous card Barb! I love this color scheme too! Haven't had a chance to play along yet though. Yep, it's steamy here too, but I don't mind. I'm like you. I'll take this any day over winter!

Nancy K said...

Great card, Barb! I'm wondering what you might possibly be doing here Thursday....hmmmm.
hugs!

Deirdre said...

Love your card Barb... wonder what you are up to on Thursday... hmmmmmm!!!

Brenda said...

Hi Barb! I love that Flourish on the butterflies! Superb! Love what you did with this weeks' colours, you are right, they are easier! (I seem to have sorted out my comment problem, thank goodness!)

donna mikasa said...

This week's SCC colors are definitely YOU! Such a sweet card with so many wonderful details! Yikes--I can't imagine triple digit temperatures! I think we're lucky here in the islands to have wonderful tradewinds, so even in the 90's it's bearable! Take care and keep hydrated--both you and your plants!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love both of those backgrounds - the stamped and embossed. What gorgeous butterflies. The perfect touch with the flowers and the ribbons - so sweet!

Judy1223 said...

Barb, another beauty! I love all those die cut shapes and lovely colors...you are doing some great work in camp! :)

Be sure to stay cool and safe...we are expecting to hit 100 on Friday!