Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wintery Scene

First of all, I've been playing with various photos to use for my blog header, so it may be different each time you visit. Okay, on with the reason for my post today. . . .

It's funny. I love Summer so much more than Winter but when it comes to making a scene on a card, I seem to do better with the wintery ones. . .hmmm? Go figure. . .

I wanted to see what it would look like to use the Holly stamp along with this cute snowman. Both are from Hero Arts and were two of my favorites from last year. I had fun creating this one!


I had this lovely snowflake paper, which was in my winnings from Vanessa's blog candy giveaway, so I started with that. The holly was clear embossed onto the light blue paper. I then used VersaMark, only on the snowflakes of the snowman stamp and whited embossed them, directly over the already embossed holly. (Hope that makes sense.) I stamped the snowman on a separate piece of paper, colored and cut him out, adding him to the scene. I used Cotton Candy Stickles on the hat, scarf, buttons and mittens. On the top edge of the torn paper, (snow) I added a bit of Clear Rock Candy, Distress Stickles.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Thanks for coming by! :)


25 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE this color scheme for Christmas/winter, Barb! A wonderful idea to put 2 of your favorites together for this card!

joy said...

Such a happy little snowman! Love your winter scene; I'm afraid it will be here all too soon. I'd rather stamp snowflakes than shovel them!

sheila said...

what an adorable card....and that holly makes for a great background!

Unknown said...

Cute card, Barb. I'm not very handy with scenes of any kind (well dh might argue that one!) lol! I love your white embossed snowflakes and the snowman is adorable:)

Lisa said...

Oh Oh Oh- I love this one! The torn paper for the snow and the embossing of the holly are fantastic! The perfect pp and fun colors too :)
Our a/c went out last night...motor died...so aside from being the hottest, driest summer outside in Houston history, now the inside of my house feels kinda the same way! Looking at your sweet cold scene is refreshing! LOL

Brenda said...

Love it! I love that snowman! Beautiful scene!

Nancy said...

You are too funny, Barb! It took me several days to change my blog look! Good luck with that! I do, however, adore your card. Such a sweet wintery look and a sweet happy snowman! Beautiful embossed background!

mimijudy1975 said...

Barb,you are making me feel a little cooler as I sit here in Houston--102-- Your embossed holly looks beautiful in blue. Everything about your card is so pretty. I love the snowman dressed in pink and blue and Stickles ,too !

maryse n. said...

So cute! I love snowmen so I love this card. I can't wait to start making holiday cards.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love the new header Barb.
Your colour hues are perfect for the wintry scene, the cool blue and brilliant white.
Your design is fabulous and sends the message of a cold festive(pink)Christmas.
Smiles:)

Donna B. said...

Love this card Barb!! The colors and the design are FAB!! I love snowmen and he is such a cutie!!!

Dawn T said...

Awesome card Barb. Love the colours you used . Like the blog header today.... I've just changed mine too.

Jacqueline said...

Nice idea to emboss the holly for a background, will have to remember that! Perfect colors for a winter card Barb!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all the details in your scene Barb. I really like the way you used the holly stamp for the bg and that snowman is super cute!

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is adorable. Love the magic that you made here. Wow. Love the way you embossed the holly flower on the back ground so clever you are. Left you some love in our Flickr group too.

Tina said...

How sweet. Love the pink and light blue together.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barb you always have great depth and wonderful layers on your cards. This wintery scene is perfect!

Pajalu said...

Hi Barb, I love your card, it is just so darn cute! xoxoxoxoxo

alexandra s.m. said...

so so pretty and I love the colors you have chosen here ;-)
TFS Barb!

ivy said...

so cute barb! i was really into snowman stuff in the 80's!

Rosemary said...

what a pretty card, barb!

Jenny said...

Such a cute card! Love them!! :) :) :)

Judy1223 said...

Barb, you do know how to make a sweet little winter scene, for sure! I love this snowman and the embossed background. I also love the pink and blue layers and in the snowman...sweet card!

Suzanne C said...

Yummy colors for a christmas card. Love your scene!

donna mikasa said...

So adorable, Barb! Love the sweet, non traditional colors!