Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hero Arts 90-Minute Scramble

Hey there, everyone!

I had lots of fun today, playing along in the Hero Arts Flickr group's, 90-Minute Scramble! Karen was the host, and she did a wonderful job! She gave us the theme of stamping on patterned paper. This is something I don't do often enough, so that made it even more fun!

During the first half an hour, I had stamped the Hydrangea stamp onto two different pieces of patterned paper. I left one uncolored and colored the other. I ended up thinking both looked just awful, so I had to re-think the whole thing! Now I only had an hour. . . .

Here's what I finally ended up creating.


The Tea Flower was stamped and embossed on vellum, quickly colored and cut out. I stamped the True Friends background onto the glittery-dotted Doodlebug Design paper, using Tattered Rose distress ink. Then I just glued down the flower, stamped the sentiment and added that. Whew! You should have seen my desk at this point!

I realized I had a little time left and saw some cute Studio Calico paper on my desk, so I reached for a Hero Arts "Hi" and stamped it onto all the circles. Then added some string and a black pearl and that was it.



What started out to be a stamping disaster, ended up okay in the end. I always enjoy these scrambles!

Please stop back on Monday for a really fun and happy surprise, that you will ALL love! Thanks for your visit - it's always appreciated! :)

23 comments:

pcm said...

Beautiful tea rose card barb! what did you use to glue down your vellum?

Pajalu said...

Barb I love both of these cards :D. It was a fun challenge today. I'm starting to wilt now lol need another cuppa xoxoxo

alexandra s.m. said...

What a fun challenge!
Love what you did there Barb!

TFS~

Trinh said...

Your rose card is so pretty, Barb! And so smart of you to use that Studio Calico paper for a quick & cute card.

Anita Rex said...

Love them both! I hate it when you think it's not working and you have a time limit! But you really succeeded in the end! Can't wait till Monday!

sheila said...

These both turned out really nice Barb! And the "Hi" on the paper is a quick stroke of genius!

sheila said...

ahhhh-hit return instead of space.....I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see what you are going to "unveil" on Monday!

Dawn T said...

what lovely cards Barb. These scrambles are really such fun. Spending a few minutes trying to decide what to do... You did well.

Annette Allen said...

wow these are amazing...I love that flower and the background...so perfect together.... great cards..

donna mikasa said...

Amazing cards, Barb! You work so well under pressure! Now I really want that tea flower stamp--thanks for enabling!

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are FABULOUS!! I love the first one--so soft and pretty! You are rocking with not one, but TWO cards!! So glad that you get to play today!

Donna B. said...

Barb, that tea flower card is gorgeous and I love how creative you were with the Hi card. It was a really fun challenge this time. I'm still in awe of the fact you can make more than one card in that time frame!

Unknown said...

Well you certainly rocked that challenge! Both cards are fabulous!!

Lynn said...

Can't wait to hear about your surprise tomorrow! Love the soft subtle feel of the flower against the polka dot paper. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend Barb!

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Barb, and two in an hour fabulous!! Looking forward to Monday!!

Rachel said...

beautiful! i love when you bust out those patterned papers, it's great to see what you can create!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

These are wonderful scramble cards, the beauty in the first one really shines and your second is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Barb! Love the stamping on the PP - such a fun idea :)

Tracey said...

TWO FABulous cards Barb!! WOW!!!

MarcyK924 said...

These are gorgeous Barb! That tea rose card is amazing!

Unknown said...

truly inspirational.. ty for sharing!...Just lovin' the hop hop hop ... etc.. :-)

Arlene said...

Truly creative - love all the cards - the coloring on the flower cards is perfect.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Not only did you hit this challenge out of the park - you made two cards before the deadline!