Monday, February 27, 2012

Glittery Heart Flower

Hello!

Have ya seen the little stickers from Doodle Bug Design called, "Doodle Pops?" They are so colorful, so sweet and each one has glitter, which I love! The best part is, they only cost $1.49 each. The worst part is, I tend to buy lots of them at a time! I've given some away with my blog candy, and in my prize pack for the scramble I hosted a couple of weeks ago, but I also tend to hoard them. I've decided it's time I create a card using the adorable, glittery, heart flower.



I die cut the oval, and before removing the die, I shaded the edges with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. The wide, black ribbon was recycled from a gift I had received ages ago, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. It was fun creating a card with hardly any stamping and no coloring - quick and easy, and I can always use another thank you card.

So, the weather folks around here have been talking about this big winter storm heading toward Minnesota tomorrow and Wednesday. They first thought we were going to get totally dumped on, but it looks like most of the snow will fall to the north of the Twin Cities, thank goodness! It will still be scary driving the next couple of days because it's suppose to be a mix of snow, sleet, ice and even rain at times - what a strange winter we've had! We may even hear a clap of thunder sometime in the afternoon tomorrow, and then on Wednesday, it'll be turning back into snow again! Crazy weather! Anyway, I will be driving very carefully to work and back the next couple of days - wish me luck!

I know I always say this, but thank you for stopping by my blog! I really
DO appreciate it! :)

34 comments:

Greta said...

Stay safe, Barb! No fun dealing with ice & snow, but I know you're better at it than I am. Your card is darling--love that flower sticker!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! Love those glitter heart flowers. Stay safe Barb and drive carefully.

Tina said...

Oh, what a darling card, barb. Totally love the yummy colors and sweet, sweet heart fower.

Donna B. said...

Cute card Barb! Love the flower and your CAS design!

Dawn T said...

what adorable little die cuts Barb. This is such a sweet card

joy said...

Be careful out there, barb! Ice is no fun to drive on. I hope your commute isn't very far away from home.

Cute card - I've never even seen these doodle pops! Sure does give the card some sparkle.

Lisa said...

Such a cute and I love the sprinkling of black pearls :)
One thing I don't miss about the North is the icy roads! Be careful out there!

Lin said...

Sweet little heart flower! Be safe in the next few days!

Rosemary said...

what a sweet little card, barb! hope things aren't too bad for you weather-wise!

Tanya said...

Love the glittery flower, so pretty. Stay safe in the crazy weather!

Maureen Morton said...

This is so sparkly and cute, Barb! I love how you inked the oval - lots of dimension. This pops against the black - great selection. I am a hoarder, too. Need to clean it all out. Be extra careful with that nasty weather, poor thing. I don't think I could ever live with snow again. Travel gently! Thanks for sharing.

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...love all the different color petals and the fun distressed edges...love this card...

maryse n. said...

This card is so sweet! I love the flower.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your glitter flower. Such an adorable card Barb! Drive safely! Hoping the snow and bad weather misses you!

Brenda said...

I love those colours Barb! This is a sweet card for sure! Just be safe when you are out then!

Nancy K said...

Fun and so full of Spring! Stay warm, sweet friend...Spring will be here soon.

walchowDesign said...

Such a sweet card, Barb! Be careful with this weather condition! We are going into spring weather this week!

Rachel said...

barb this is so pretty! i love when you use so many colors... and glitter :) Be safe in the storm, it's headed toward CT tomorrow night. And I would LOVE to hear a thunder storm right now, hopefully soon :)

Lynn said...

Stay safe Barb! I hope you don't get more snow than the snow crews can clear quickly for you!

I love that sweet little heart flower! I can understand completely why you hoard them!

Carol said...

Hi Barb, new to your blog but just want to comment that I too live in MN (Lakeville). I don't have to work until Friday which means I get to stay off the streets until this system pasts. Drive safe. Until spring arrives.

sheila said...

This card turned out so cute! I love the pinks and the design...that sticker is so sweet.

maria f. said...

Has winter decided to arrive in your neck of the woods? Your bright and cheery card made me think spring!

Cathy A said...

Such a sweet colourful card Barb.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sparkle, glitter and shine!! Fabulous card Barb!

Vanessa said...

This is beautiful, Barb! Love your shading! Please stay safe, my sweet friend! Vanessa x

Pajalu said...

Good luck with the weather Barb. I think Mother Nature is having a hissy fit lately. Our summer has been so wet again this year (not quiet as bad as last year though). I can't remember the last time the sun shone around here.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Those stickers look amazing. What a beautiful card xoxoxoxo

alexandra s.m. said...

very strange weather indeed! Please be careful!!
I love your card and it's giving us beautiful spring colors!

Thank You Barb~

Joy said...

Love how bright and cheerful this card is Barb...as for weather you are having snow and we are in the midst of flooding once again...scary to think what is happening either ends of the world...keep safe sweet friend.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I just love those little Doodlebug dimensional stickers too, Barb - funny how we hoard them! Just love your sweet flower card!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, I love those DB stickers and all of their sweet little knick knacks! This is a very sweet card, Barb! I am sending you some hopes that you will have sunshine in your parts real soon!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a pretty card! Great glittery stickers...so cute, I can see why you love them! I hope the weather has been good to you...its crazy out there!

Trinh said...

Cute & happy card, Barb! Love how you shaded the edges. Hope you are safe & sound and that the weather was better than predicted.

Anonymous said...

This card is fabulous! I love that you distressed with pink! Awesome idea. Hope your weather isn't too bad and hope Spring is coming soon for you! Have a wonderful day. ♥

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful heart flower! Lovely sweet card.