Thursday, March 27, 2014

Big You

Hi there!

It sure feels good to be writing a blog post again. I hate when I can't find the time to create or post.

It's getting close to a very busy time in the floral department with Easter and Mother's Day both coming up soon. I've been ordering up a storm for the store - lots of pretty pastel colors. It's my favorite time of year at work but a crazy time too, so I won't be around as much as usual for awhile. I will definitely be trying to squeeze in some play time here and there though, otherwise I'll go crazy. I know you can all relate to that!

I do have a couple of cards to share with you using the Big You Die from Simon Says Stamp. I love this die! My first card is a colorful one, created with Gelatos.


 After the Background was dry, I added some black and white splatters. The Big You was cut twice to create a shadow effect. I did the same thing with the little punched hearts. The rest of the sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp, Hello You clear set, which I white embossed on a piece of vellum. 

I've sent this card to my dear friend, Marcy. She's going through a rough time right now and many of her friends over in the Hero Arts Flickr group decided to send her some cards to cheer her up. Love you, Marce! ♥

My second card is a bit more clean and simple.



I used the same little punched hearts and the same technique, die and sentiment set, but this time with some woodgrain and aqua colored cardstock. I also used the A2 Card Curved Edge Die. I love aqua paired with silver so I added a touch of it with one of the curved edge die-cuts and with the silver stamped sentiment.

We are waiting (impatiently, I might add) for warmer weather to arrive. It has only been in the high teens to low 20's the past few days. Feels more like January than the end of March. They are telling us that we should be in the mid 50's by Sunday and I cannot wait to feel those warmer temps! Come on spring - get here, would ya please!?

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week! Thank you so much for your visit! ♥

25 comments:

Sarah G said...

These are both stunning, Barb! Love that mega you die from Simon....will have to add it to my wish list! I love that you have got two such different looks - the vibrant background and splatters are so cool but the crisp colours and curved line of your second card make a great CAS design! I hope that you still have the chance to get crafty during this busy spring season:)

Dawn T said...

Awesome use of the BIG YOU. Both card are so delightful. The curved edgings on the blue card is inspiring. Hope the warmer weather comes soon for you. It's starting to cool down a bit here, but we have been having a long Indian summer.

Lynn said...

Marcey will absolutely love her card. Love how you are using your inks and the slightly offset die is perfect. And I'm with you...come on Spring!

joy said...

Love your cards, Barb! Marcy will love hers, too. I really like the aqua with silver combo.

Spring is slowly becoming a reality here, too. Yippee!

judkajudi said...

your cards are awesome, Barb. Sure to cheer Marcy up. You have had a long, hard winter for sure. Not warm here, either. Enjoy the gorgeous flowers indoors anyway!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Two wonderful cards Barb! LOVE the background you built with Gelatos and then the swooped shape of the second--fantastic! Don't work too hard. :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both of these are lovely, Barb! I really like the way you used the Card Curved Edge die. That's a very cool design! Don't work too hard!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness, Barb...you've done an amazing job with this die! I love your water colored background on the first card! Your splatters are perfect, and adding a white shadow really makes the hearts and letters pop! I'm sure Marcy is going to LOVE it, too!

Your 2nd card is so pretty! The color combo is so soft and elegant, and I love that you chose woodgrain cardstock for your die cut on this one!

I hope the weather warms up for you as predicted...you certainly deserve it after this long, cold winter! And, even though we will miss you, I know your beautiful floral displays and arrangements will make the holidays brighter for everyone!

Martha said...

OH, Barb, you've used the big "YOU" sentiment die so beautifully on both cards. You will certainly brighten Marcy's day with your beautiful card.

I'm hoping you will soon get some warmer temperatures in your part of the USA.

I look forward to seeing photos of all the pretty flowers at your store. Take card! ♥

Leni said...

Super fun cards! Have to try that myself, the slightly offset die cut sentiment! Wish I had more time for stamping and so on. I mostly run around to put as much in a day as could...don't know if that is good and wise...Temperatures are rising here in the Netherlands! And it already looks like spring here...flowering trees, daffodills, I even saw little geese, a butterfly, some bees..love it! So, I can understand you are longing for spring. Wish you all the best. And a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

So fun! Love how you layered the sentiment to create a shadow and the beautiful curves on the second one!!

Robin K. said...

Hang in there my friend! I think spring is finally coming this weekend:). Looooove the shadow effects you've created with the dies!

Brenda said...

These are totally gorgeous Barb!! I love the look of the gelatos and the splatters! And that curved edge is awesome! I know what you mean about missing blogging, I don't know what is going on this year, but I am also struggling to find the time. But, we just keep on trying!

alexandra s.m. said...

and another two gorgeous cards!!
THank YOu Barb!!

Cat Craig said...

Barb,
Love those yellow tulips on you header, a definite yearning for spring.

You have ROCKED that die cut. Both cards are fantastic. I especially adore that off set white behind your die and hearts. The wonderful curved border on the second card sets it apart from the usual. Gorgeousness on both!

~amy~ said...

Love seeing both of your cards...so different and both are wonderful! Love the big you die cut!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are both fantastic - so stunning - LOVE your designs!
Wishing you a great week, hugs, Karin

teri said...

Pretty cards, Barb!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fabulous and I love the color combo.. great designing..

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are so gorgeous and lovely, Barb! Your first cards' splatter effect is perfect. that touch of vellum is brilliant! I know March would love it! And the 2nd cards' soft color palette is lovely! I love the way you layered the sentiment and pieces!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love both of these! Very pretty!

Darnell said...

This is a fantastic card in every way, Barb!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Love them both, Barb! So sorry to hear Marcy is going through a hard time. I know the card will touch her heart.

Donna B. said...

That big YOU is awesome! The background colors in the fist card are all my favs and I love how you splatter the black and white for the background. The second on is more CAS and classically pretty!!

Laurel Beard said...

Barb! THESE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!