Saturday, July 26, 2014

Embossing Paste + Powder

Happy Saturday!

I love Saturdays, don't you? And because I'm trying to join in more challenges, I played with some embossing techniques last night so I can add it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

I used a stencil from Studio Calico. It's one of their Huey's Masks called, Bubble Mask.


After spreading some Embossing Paste over the stencil, I sprinkled the area with Verdigris Embossing Powder from Ranger. It has the most wonderful sparkle with little bits of gold in it. Sorry it doesn't show up very well in the photo. After letting the paste dry for awhile, I used my heat gun to emboss the powder.

The little strip of gold was cut from DCWV Glitter Cardstock. The big, bold sentiment is from the same set I used on this card. It's called, Made With Love by Hero Arts and I heat embossed it with the same powder.

I was lucky to find a few gold pearls in my stash to finish off the card.

Enjoy your Saturday and happy crafting! ♥

 

13 comments:

Jana said...

So pretty! The color of that embossing powder is gorgeous

Dotty Jo said...

Looks terrific, Barb! You won't just be entering challenges you'll be winning them with cards like this, Jo x

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how you designed this card, Barb! And, all that gorgeous sparkle...WOW! I love the bits of gold in this EP, and I'll be it's amazing IRL! Love your angled panel and all those fun circles...really stunning card!
PS: I agree with Dotty Jo :-)

judkajudi said...

Awesome, Barb. You have mastered the embossing paste technique. I just manage to make messes!!

Brenda said...

Wonderful Barb! Green and Gold is a great combination! Glad you are having fun. I hope I can stay awake tonight to make a few cards and maybe also participate!

Nancy said...

Such a unique design! I love the embossing. I have never tried the paste, and you have now inspired me!

Greta said...

Brilliant idea to use the same ep on the paste & for the sentiment, Barb! Love this card!

Sarah G said...

Love the embossing powder and paste! It is a beautiful colour and I love the curved design too :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! Drop dead gorgeous texture and embossing!! Love the curve, too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful lines here and i love that effect!
What a great card indeed Barb!
Thank You~

Dawn T said...

amazing Barb. The embossing looks fabulous.

Virginia L. said...

WELL DONE, my friend! I love the use of embossing paste with the sentiment!! The curvy line is fabulous!

Martha said...

Barb, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
I love the pretty colors, embossing, & fabulous design! I love it!