Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ombre Wedding Card

Hello!

Today I wanted to share another card created for Stretch Your Stamps 2.


This one was inspired by Laura Sterckx. She created a beautiful, pink, ombre background that I fell in love with! Here's my take:



I used the Delicate Pattern cling stamp by Penny Black. It's such a pretty stamp! I white embossed it before adding two shades of blue; Sea Glass and Surf Blue from Simon Says Stamp. The sentiment is from a set called Inside Out Sayings, also from SSS. I white embossed that onto a piece of vellum and added a few blue sequins and silver thread to finish the card.

Thanks for your visit! I hope to be back after work later tonight with a card from day 3! ♥

25 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous! Love the gradient of colors! Your embellishments are gorgeous, Barb! Another A Plus class project!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Barb, and my favorite colors! (are you turning into a blue girl? :)))

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your take Barb!

Pam W Merwin said...

Looks so rich :-) Beautiful!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful take on Laura's card, Barb! I love your choice for your background stamp and the colors are divine! Perfect for a wedding, too!

Jameela said...

I almost swooned! My favorite color!

joy said...

So exquisite and delicate, Barb! Blue is my favorite color, too, and I just love this card. Great job!!!

Francine said...

You did a great job with this technique Barb! Wonderful card! :-)

Nancy K said...

That ombre is gorgeous, Barb! I was so impressed with Laura's beautiful card, too. You have certainly captured the beauty of her card here! so absolutely lovely ♥

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and I love the colors with the white.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely shades of blue here Barb. Beautiful card.

Beverley said...

LOVE! Using my favourite colour too!! Hugs Bev x

cissi said...

Love your take on Laura's card!

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous card, Barb, so beautifully crafted!

Karen L K said...

Really pretty Barb! I haven't gotten that far yet.

Maureen Morton said...

So stunning and very elegant, Barb! You rocked it!

Leslie L. said...

Your card jumped out at me in the gallery - very pretty!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's absolutely GORGEOUS Barb!
YOur palette, the embellishments, everything is perfect!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So Beautiful and stylish - LOVE it!

Helen F. said...

Elegant and beautiful wedding card, Barb.

Sarah G said...

So elegant, Barb! Love the light blues - soft and pretty!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this card! Beautiful colors!

Kelly O said...

Saw this in the gallery, so pretty!

AmandineC said...

Fabulous !