Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Crazy, Busy but Still Making Cards

Hello!

I'm back today with a couple of cards just for fun. I've been so busy lately and it's been tough to find time to create but it's important to me - keeps me sane, if ya know what I mean. It's something that just feels so relaxing and, needless to say, fun!

Anyway, I received some of the new Tim Holtz, Distress Spray Stains and couldn't wait  to try them out!



I sprayed the watercolor panel with Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough and just a bit of Picket Fence Distress Spray Stains. I then used the Hero Arts, Star Tree stencil with some Texture Paste and added Judikins Sparkle Embossing Powder before the paste was dry. Here's a close-up:




Tough to get a photo of the sparkle, as always. 

My next card was suppose to be for Virginia's View challenge, using patterned paper but I missed the deadline - ARG!



The whole front panel of the card is patterned paper from a Prima, A4 pad called, Epiphany. All I did was add a Simon Says Stamp sentiment and some hearts with their Falling Hearts stencil and texture paste. Had to add sparkle to those too! :)
 


 I also distressed the edges with a few different Distress Inks - Old Paper, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Hoping to be back soon with some of the things I've been working on for my homework in the Copic Markers For Card Makers online class. It's been a fun two days so far!

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
 

22 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Barb. Your mixed media cards are awesome. Pity you missed Virginia's challenge.

Lynn said...

I'm with you on needing to craft to relax Barb. Love your gorgeous cards especially those sweet little shimmery hearts on the second one.

I Card Everyone said...

Both gorgeous - Love those cascading stars!!! I would totally lose it if I didn't have crafting, Barb =]

Betty said...

love both cards but especially the christmas tree - gorgeous in blue!

joy said...

So pretty, Barb! I love that Hero Arts tree stencil and the colors you used are just gorgeous!

Laura Norris said...

Love your tree card- the colors are so pretty.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love both cards Barb! The tree looks so cool on that pretty background and the pp card is beautiful! I know what you mean about busy. Thank goodness we have this great hobby to keep us sane. :)

Lucille K said...

2 very nice cards, Barb :) Especially like the bird card.

Karen L K said...

Very nice cards Barb! I like that tree with the sparkle added. The bird card is great too. Simple to make and I love the look of it.

Barb Ghig said...

Two gorgeous cards, Barb! I love how you created the background on your first one, and your tree is amazing!!! I can see you're going to have a lot of fun with your new TH sprays!

I also love all the sparkly hearts on your 2nd card! The patterned paper is so pretty, and I love the scripty sentiment! So glad to see you've had a chance to play, and I can't wait to see what you're up to with your 'Homework'!

Nat said...

crafting is always such a good way to relax. I love both cards and that Christmas design is really soft and icy (really cool)!! :)

Unknown said...

Love the gorgeous texture you added on both cards with the paste...beautiful vibrant color on the first one!

alexandra s.m. said...

They're both gorgeous but the second ones steals my heart ;)
Thanks Barb!

Chark said...

I missed a magazine call this week--so frustrating! But I love the paper and the design for this one!

Martha said...

Hi, Barb!
I love your cards!
Love the pretty blue with white, texture, & designs! Well done!

Kelly Latevola said...

Oh wow! Barb you sure have been busy making some fabulous cards!! I love the sparkly embossing paste on the first card. That picket fence spray looks awesome. I guess I'm going to have to get some of that! Your second card is just as awesome as the first! I love those sparkly hearts. Beautiful!!

Judy1223 said...

Barb, these are beautiful!!! I know what you mean about finding time to make cards...so glad you did, these are sparkly and amazing!

Helen F. said...

So great you had time to create these two beauties, Barb. I love all the texture and glitz you added to both!

walchowDesign said...

Fab cards especially love how the paste turned out on the lovely bg, Barb!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb, these card are both so cool. Your first card has such amazing texture!! Love the shimmering hearts on the second! Barb I totally agree sometimes you need to make a card just becasue.

Annette Allen said...

wow awesome cards.. the first one is amazing.. love that background and all those stars and circles.. nicely done..

Virginia L. said...

Aw...I am SAD that missed the deadline...but fear not, my friend, there is CAS challenge going on right now. You.can.do.it! Love both of your cards. I have that Prima paper, too! Sending hugs to you. Hope to see your new posts soon!