Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Crafty Weekend I'll Never Forget!

Hi everyone!

I'm back from a wonderful, crafty retreat in Ohio, where I met some of the most amazing women! We laughed, we cried, we got creative and I was so inspired by them all! Oh! And we hugged . . . . . A LOT! 

I thought I would feel a bit intimidated when I first arrived but everyone made me feel so welcomed and like I belonged there.

Before sharing some photos, I have to tell you how blessed I felt being there. I was so grateful to be a part of it all! I must have said, "I'm in heaven right now!" a gazillion times. Today, I'm home, the house is so quiet and I'm feeling lonely, missing them all so much!

I tried hard to make some cards and did get a guest design team assignment finished, which I'll be sharing in December. Other than that, I created a few more cards, which I'll share at the end of the post. 

It was just too much fun talking with, and getting to know all the ladies, to get more card making done! I really enjoyed walking around the room a few times a day, stopping at each of their tables to see what brilliance they were working on. Such inspiration!

Warning - the rest of the post is photo heavy. I took most of them in one day. Here we go!



Just to give you an idea of all the crafty goodies everyone brings along, here is one of three, long tables in the room. Dawn from WPlus9 and Kim from Paper Smooches are both so beautiful!



Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner working together. Brilliant, talented women!



Ginger working hard - I lost count at how many scrapbook layouts she finished - it was amazing! You can see Windy and Ren-Yi behind her and if you look over to the left, that's Sarah Moerman.



I love my Judy! ♥♥♥ I was lucky enough to sit right next to her! We did a lot of laughing and she was a card making machine! I think the last count was 15!! 



Can you say, FUN? Oh, my goodness! Kelly and Dawn became fast friends! The laughter we all had together? Well, Let's just say we made some wonderful memories! Love these girls!



Here's Candy and Sandi! Such kindness from both! Two more amazing ladies! ♥



If you don't know this lady, you should! Sandy Allnock, of Operation Write Home is the hardest working woman I have ever met! She cares so much about others, is very selfless and giving, not to mention her talent - wow! I admire her so much!



Jana and Jennifer - it's mind boggling to think of all that goes into planning this amazing event! Jana works so hard for months getting the details ironed out and planning it all so we can have fun. And Jennifer brings just a TON of her crafty goodies for all of us to use! I am soooo thankful to them both!



Photo Bomb! I can't even explain how much fun Tina is! Oh, did that lady ever have me laughing! She is such a joy and I am lucky to now call her friend!



I couldn't wait to see Kathy, Linda and Judy! We have all met before at past Scrapfests and what a treat it was to see them all again! And some new friends here too! Bottom left is Joy and Heather. Joy was another one of those card making machines! Heather has amazing talent, but I have a feeling you all know that already. In the middle is Ren-Yi. One of the sweetest gals ever! She has such a kind heart and a gentle soul - love her! And then there's Tina again. I seriously wish she lived next door to me!



It was so cool sitting next to Kristina Werner and watching her color! She's funny, kind and oh, so talented!



"Squeal!!!" Just looking at Julie Ebersole makes me smile! She is even cuter in person, I'm not kidding! And it sure was fun to hear that adorable laugh in person!



Getting goofy with Kathy Racoosin. This women is not only filled with talent, she is so beautiful, inside and out! ♥



And look who surprised everyone and showed up on Saturday! Yup, Shari Carroll! No one thought she could come, so when she walked into the room - oh, the happiness! Absolutely LOVE her!



Had to share one more with Jennifer! Kind, giving, beautiful, generous, talented . . . . I could go on and on!

There are a few ladies I did not get a photo with and I regret that. But they all know how much I enjoyed their company and the fun we had!

Here are the cards I created. Not much explaining or any links - this post is too long already!


 Love this die from Simon Says Stamp!








I had the idea of a first snowfall coming soon here to Minnesota. Not looking forward to it but it's fun on a card.




I was able to get in a bit of practice with my Copic markers too.

Whew! Thanks for hanging in there with me for this long post. I'm walking around the house today, feeling a little sad and lost, missing each of these awesome ladies! But I am also feeling blessed, loved, very lucky and so grateful!

It's back to reality for me tomorrow. I never like the first day back at work, especially after such an awesome weekend! I hope you all have a good week! ♥

45 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

That is a lot of talent under one roof Barb! So glad that you had a wonderful time and of course they all loved you! Your cards are as usual so fabulous!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! Looks like a GREAT time. So fun getting together with crafty friends! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So glad you got to enjoy a fabulous weekend! What fun!!! And, although Jennifer McGuire and I have only been in touch thru emails, I consider her a friend,too. I can certainly attest to her generosity.

Lin said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this amazing time with the rest of us! Looks like heaven to me!

Cindy C. said...

I so enjoy this post, thanks for a virtual tour!! I can feel your excitement and happiness from the photo captions!

walchowDesign said...

Looks like you had a whale of time, Barbara! How fun to be able to have so much for with all the creative people. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures!

Pam W Merwin said...

Looks like and amazing trip! What a great group of women :-)Thanks ever so much for sharing!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Barb! Such fun to see old friends and make new ones too! Love the cards you created!!

Virginia L. said...

I so enjoy seeing your photos at the retreat! That room is full of TALENT!! I am happy that you had a BLAST, Barb! Your new cards are so detailed and beautiful! I know you have gotten more creative after this amazing trip! HUGS!!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Barb, that WAS a great crafty weekend! So much talent and energy in one place...that must have been so COOL!!! No one deserves to be there more than you...I am always amazed at your talent and versatility as a card-maker. So glad you had a good time!

Lynn said...

Oh all the smiles make my heart happy Barb. So glad you had such a fabulous time and I love all the cards!

Sarah G said...

What a wonderful post - great to see photos of all these talented ladies! Everyone looks so happy to be there - it makes me smile :) I can only imagine what a fab time you had....thanks for sharing a bit of it and your gorgeous cards, Barb!

Ela said...

I am sooooo jealous! I wish I could have been there with you.
Hust
Ela

pcm said...

jealous!!! you are part of stamping royalty!

Nancy K said...

Wonderful post, Barb! I'm so glad you met so many special people. So happy to see you and Judy together; you both make me smile!

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank You for this lovely post Barb!
Your joy is contagious!
I am so happy for you and I love your cards!
I hope I can meet you someday ;)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful treat for you to meet all those fabulous designers. Wonderful post of photos and cards too. I am so happy for you but of course so deserving as well.

Yoonsun Hur said...

wow, woW, wOW, WOW!!! full of oh-so-talented people!!!!

Kim Hall said...

I can see the joy you had in your face Barb, you were so lucky to be able to spend some quality time one on one with these amazing ladies, so glad you posted your photo's and you had a fabulous time!!

Malika said...

Lovely fotos

Malika

Dawn T said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! You look like you had an awesome weekend. I so envy you meeting these amazingly talented ladies. You totally deserve to be counted amongst these amazing ladies. Love the cards you did manage to make. :-)

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love seeing all your fun photos from the retreat, Barb! Thanks so much for sharing them! I'm so glad you had a great time meeting all these amazing ladies! I hope I will be able to meet you at one some day, too!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Barb.. I cannot even imagine the creative juices overflowing in that room! Thank you so much for sharing the pics and your very beautiful cards!!
=] Michele

Kim Mraz said...

I loved meeting you Barb! <3

Linda J said...

It looks like the weekend and the super talented women (including you) was what a tiny bit of heaven may look like! Thanks so much for posting photos here and on Instagram. Your posts always share joy.:)

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Too much fun Barb! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Dawn said...

I wasn't kidding when I said you were in the top of my "can't wait to meet" list! So happy to have had the pleasure. Love ya girl!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh Barb...thank you so much for sharing all of these wonderful photos with us! I'm so glad you had such a great time...I knew you would! And, I just want to say that the reason you felt like you 'belonged', is because you did belong! All of the lovely things you said about everyone is how we would describe you, even though we've never met! It was really fun to see all of these pics...thanks again!

And, I love your cards! You've done an amazing job on your backgrounds, and I love how you played with your SSS dies! Fabulous post!!!

Nat said...

how wonderful, looks like you had an awesome time :) !!!!

Laura Norris said...

What a great time you must have had Barb! So much talent in that room, including you! What an amazing group of ladies you had the opportunity to hang out with. You will always cherish that time.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Was so great to see you again Barb!! Thanks again for the card. I love it! :) All your cards rock, but don't they always!

Helen F. said...

WOW, Barb, what an amazing group of creative minds there in one room. It looks like you had such an awesome time with these ladies and your cards and Copic coloring are fabulous!

Kelly Latevola said...

I love you and I miss you and I love all your cards. That is all :)

Petti said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish I"m there too! :)

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! What a fun trip you had. Looks like you had an awesome time. Thank you so much for sharing your trip.

jintyoo7 said...

Speechless Barb! Amazing photographs, an absolute delight to see so much talent and happiness in one room!

Leni said...

Love to see all the photo's and read your enthousiastic story! You had a more than wonderful time there and I am happy for you!

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful post, Barb! Loved reading about and seeing photos from what sounds like a heavenly weekend! So fun that you got to meet old friends and make new ones too - isn't cardmaking the best?! Love the cards that you made and here's hoping the Minnesota snows don't come anytime soon!

MarcyK924 said...

Love seeing everyone so happy and engaging! Awesome photos, my friend!

Michelle said...

Wow, Barb! That looks like one amazing gathering! :-) I'd be like you - too many people to chat to to be able to make cards as well, lol!

Greta said...

Must have been amazing, Barb! Great photos & I love your cards!

Judy Tuck said...

Wow Barb! You must have had so much fun crafting with all those lovely and talented ladies. Lucky you :-)

Unknown said...

I wish I could have rubbed shoulders with all that talent! Maybe someday...

Jacqueline said...

This really touched me, Barb - I can so imagine your lost and lonely feeling when you got home! So hope in the mean time you have cheered up and enjoy the creative process once again! Bless you sweet Barb!

Martha said...

OH, Sweet Barb, what an awesome post, fabulous event, and lovely cards! Thanks for sharing ALL the lovely photos! They made me smile! ♥