Monday, May 30, 2016

Summertime and Flowers!

Hi guys!

Can you believe May is just about history? Why is it that time seems to go faster and faster, the older I get? Lol! 

It's my favorite time of year too. I love it when it's the beginning of summer and you know all those wonderful, warm, sunny, flower-filled days are ahead of you.

Speaking of flowers, I've been playing with a few lately - in my craft room and in my garden. Up first are a few from my pots on the deck. Makes me so happy!

         Pansies!                                          


                                              Daisies!


                                               Dahlias!
Those dahlias inspired me to play with the new Altenew set called, Dahlia Blossoms.


I colored the flowers and leaves with Copics after a bit of masking.

I wanted to make another card with the same set but this time using my Zig markers.
Don't ya wish there were blue flowers like this in real life?!  
I've also been playing with the Mama Elephant, Organic Blooms set. First with Copics. . . .


. . . . .and then with Zigs again. 
The "dream" die is from Simon Says Stamp.


I'll leave you with a few photos of my deck. If someone is looking for me, this is usually where I am during the summer months. (Unless I'm makin' a card)
 I'm planning on painting those two chairs in lime green. I have another large, Adirondack chair, which I'll be painting orange! Then everything will coordinate with my chair cushions around the table.


I painted the bench last year and absolutely love it! The little pillows are so fun too! Can ya tell I needed more color in my life?! Seriously, my house is all neutrals inside and I'm so sick of it! But now I can head outside and enjoy some color!

And since we're talking about summer, if you're interested, there's a "Summertime Fun" challenge going on right now in the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group. Check out the details here. I hope you'll come and play along! As always, they're giving away two, $25 gift cards for the randomly selected winners!

Thanks for stopping by! ♥ I hope you are all enjoying the start of summer! And if anyone is wondering - I am still LOVING being retired! :)
 

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Your flowers are beautiful and so are those cards! I love the colorful accents on your deck, I don't blame you for being out there so often. I would be, too! We just had our small deck redone and I want to add color and some flowers, I just need to find some that can take full sun. What would you recommend?

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous flower photos and AMAZING cards! Oh my - I want your coloring skills!!! Wonderful paint job, too! You definitely need color in your life! Post some pics when you are done painting!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Those Dahlias are gorgeous and so are all of your flower cards Barb! Such beautiful colors and techniques too! I'm glad you are spending time on the deck. I know how much you like summer because I like it just as much! lol. :) I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying retirement. That's awesome!

Cindy C. said...

What a delight place to hang out! Beautiful flowers, I miss your flowery posts Barb! Thanks for sharing today. And your cards are gorgeous, saw them in the flickr gallery!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful post (flowers and floral cards and deck...), Barb! Thanks for sharing the "happenings"! Happy to know that you are enjoying the retirement :)

Karen B. said...

Absoultely amazing and beautiful floral creations!

Gabi MeWi said...

Your cards are wonderful...I don't know which I love most.

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Barb. Your deck looks like a slice of heaven. Love the colourful flowers and deck chair.

Tracey McNeely said...

How could you not enjoy retirement when you have all this loveliness to look out at. Beautiful flowers, gorgeous cards and a fabulous place to enjoy it all! xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love all your flowers and your floral cards, Barb! Great deck - mine is totally bare and I'm rarely out there. Glad you enjoy yours!!

Martha said...

OH MY goodness, Barb, I love your gorgeous flower cards! They are simply beautiful works-of-art! You rocked the coloring!

I love all the fun photos you've shared of your beautiful garden flowers, lovely blue bench, colorful pillows, & fabulous deck. So glad you are enjoying your retirement. HUGS! ♥

Cat Craig said...

beautiful flowers in your photos and your cards. Your coloring is fantastic in both mediums.

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I have to say, I am so embarrassed that this post went live almost a week ago! Please accept my apology for my delayed visit...I feel awful!

Your live flowers are so pretty, and I love how you added bright summer colors and patterns on your deck, Barb...how fun is that! Also, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Your Copic coloring is amazing...I love how you create dimension on the flower petals and leaves, and your designs really showcase these lovely stamp sets! I also love how you colored with your Zig markers...you have really mastered your watercoloring techniques!

Thanks for the reminder for the Flickr challenge...working on my card now :)

Greta said...

I want to come sit on your deck, Barb--beautiful! Wow--your flowers are inspiring & so are your cards! Love your coloring with both mediums!

Nat said...

the colours you use in your cards are amazing, everything is so beautiful! :)