Saturday, January 18, 2014

CASE-ing Donna

Hi there!

I haven't played in a challenge in such a long time. I know I've never been one to join in too many of them anyway, but I just wish I could find time to play in more of them, more often.

When I saw that my friend, Donna was the muse this month over at the CASE Study Challenge blog, I just had to play along! I ADORE Donna's amazing cards - she is so very talented!

Here's Donna's card for this week:


Isn't it cool?! She always comes up with such awesome ideas!

Here's my CASE:


I used Fired Brick Distress Paint, mixed with a bit of water. Then I created some splatters using black, watery ink. I love the little enamel hearts from Prima! The sentiment is from Hero Arts. It's included in their new clear set called, Dauber Bunch. 

I'll be a happy stamper for the next week or so - it's my vacation time and I don't have to work for the next seven days - yay!

I hope your weekend is going well and you're finding some time to get crafty! Thanks for stopping by! ♥

28 comments:

Lynn said...

The inking on this is so very cool Barb...and awesome CASE of Donna and I love the sweet little hearts!

Greta said...

I love Donna's style, too & you've done her proud!

Virginia L. said...

VERY artistic!! Love your various shades of color in pink/red! Well done on CASing Donna!

Tracey McNeely said...

Creative inking Barb, I love the vibrant red and the black enamel hearts.

Wida said...

I'm with you, I wish I would enter more challenges too and you can't go wrong with casting Donna! Beautiful job

Dawn Turley said...

Beautiful take on Donna's card. Love the black hearts.

Linda said...

gorgeous! the red is so powerful!

Laura B. said...

Beautiful watercolor look! So trendy and vibrant!

Lisa said...

Love the black hearts instead of just dots :) The bold color scheme is great too- great case!
Enjoy your vacation Barb!

Lin said...

A great take on Donna's card! Love those little hearts!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your take on Donna's card, Barb! The sentiment is perfect against the red, and those shiny little black hearts are so sweet!

Enjoy your time off...you certainly deserve it!

joy said...

Red and black were my school colors! Love you take on Donna's card; so eye-catching!

maria f. said...

Ooohhh bold and beautiful! And 7 days off - enjoy.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a super fun card to case - and your take is soo Beautiful and cool at the same time! LOVE it!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow! so pretty! Love your take Barb!!
Thank You~

Kanan Pandya said...

Awesome take on Donna's card, Barb. Love those tiny black hearts. :-)

Robin K. said...

Very cool card Barb! Love those black enamel hearts!

donna mikasa said...

So happy to see you joining CASE Study, Barb! Thank you for your kind words. I LOVE how you chose to use the red and black color combo--so dynamic!

Jill W. said...

How fun and artsy! Love it!

Vanessa said...

Oh, I love how your card turned out! And your cards for the Hero Arts blog hop are just beautiful!!! Great work!
Vanessa x

wienerhoneymooners said...

Absolutely LOVE, congrats on the well deserved top spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty said...

congrats on your win on CASE!!

Tasnim said...

The painting looks gorgeous!! Congrats on your win :)

Cindy C. said...

Hi Barb congrats on the CASE Study Top 3 win!!

cbuswell said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on being named 'Top 3' at Case Study, Barb...woo-hoo!!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on your Top 3 at CASE Study. This is such an awesome card!

Martha said...

Hi, Barb! What a fabulous take on Donna's card! The color is SO striking! And, the black hearts are the perfect finishing touch! Beautifully done!