Friday, September 17, 2010

More Scrapfest Photos from Day 1!

Happy Saturday!

This post is a continuation of my first day at Scrapfest, so if you haven't seen yesterday's post, click here so you don't miss the fun we all had!

After Anne and I left the Tim Holtz class, we headed right up to the fourth floor for the Hero Arts classes. We took two classes in a row from Jennifer and Shari! We made three cards in each class. The classes were so fast paced. . .45 minutes each, and I've never made cards so fast in my life. It was difficult but very exhilarating! Here's Jennifer and Shari being the goof balls that they are!




And here is Shari. So cute, so fun and just so sweet!




Natasha was there too! She is just a little peanut, so full of energy and almost 8 months pregnant! We saw her shopping at Archiver's too and boy can she shop! Anne and I were getting tired by then, but not Natasha! Isn't she cute?





Here is Jennifer in the middle of teaching the class. I love listening to her voice and she says the funniest things! She calls glue dots "snot dots," and if ya think about it, they really do look like dots of snot! We had a good laugh at that one!




I thought you might like to take a look at my crafting space in the middle of making a card during this fast and furious class.




They gave us lots of free stuff too! With each class, we received a pack of goodies and during the class they did some random giveaways too! Here's what I got from both classes.




The next six photos are of the cards we made. I won't explain each one because these posts get too long. I love them all! I think the one with the beautiful felt leaves is my favorite. It doesn't open. The "togetherness" panel slides out. My other fave is the pretty resist one with the gorgeous blue ribbon and unique opening. Enjoy:











After the Hero classes we went up to Archivers for some shopping. I was disappointed because they did not have the Fabulous Flourish or the Plaid Background! But I did get some great stamps!



That's it from day 1. I hope you enjoyed it! I tried to make it so you'd really get the feel of our day. I'll be leaving again this afternoon to go back. I don't have any classes today but planning on doing some more make-n-takes, shopping again and of course dinner with everyone at 6:00. Can't wait for that! I'll take more photos and share them either tonight or tomorrow.

Have a great day! :)

23 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your HAPPY HAPPY post, Barb! You did work fast and furious in that class...I bet it was SO fun!! HA is SO generous, isn't it?I'm also VERY envious of your new purchase!! Nothing makes me smile more than some new stamps! Thanks for sharing these DARLING photos! xoxo

Kath Stewart said...

bet you had a real fun day barb and look at all that gorgeous new Hero Arts....have a great time at dinner tonight...big hugs kath xxx

SewSuzySew said...

Thanks for sharing ... Fab Cards and Fab Goodies! Have a great time tonight...hugs Suze x

walchowDesign said...

Oh! It's so fun looking at all the photos which you have shared here! All the goodies and your shopping are fantastic too! Have a nice dinner!

Lin said...

Beautiful cards and wonderful goodies!! Thanks so much for helping us feel that we are a little part of it too!

Sue McRae said...

Thanks for sharing all your fun with us Barb!

Jill said...

Love seeing all of these fun photos and great projects! Thanks sooo much for sharing!!

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting these great pics...wow, did you get a lot of new stamps!! Love those cards, too, you did really well considering the "fast and furious" pace of the class.
bless you sweet friend!

Dawn T said...

Even better Barb... what amazing cards from HA classes.... so pretty. And all those goodies... I see a couple on my wish list there!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for making me "feel" part of the day.

donna mikasa said...

Oooh! More fab photos! So exciting, Barb--feels like I was there, too! Thanks so much for sharing....

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful photos Barb!!! I'm enjoying every bit of it! And look at how SUPER CUTE you are my friend, so glad to 'see' you and all the other ladies up close! You are all the best! What great bunch of goodies you get to take home too! I can 'feel' and hear your happiness all the way over here in Calif! So glad you are enjoying your time!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all your photos Barb. Thanks for posting them! The cards are beautiful and what fun to get some extra goodies, plus get some new stamps at Archivers too! Can't wait to see more pics.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, I am so happy that you had a great time at Scrapfest. I wish that I could of been there. Loved all the photos that you shared and every card that you made are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing a little bit of scrapfest with everybody. You take care and God Bless you. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Barb these photos are sooo fun! Thanks so much for sharing - looks like you are having a great time! Wish i was able to go! Your cards are stunning also :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

More fab photos, Barb! It was so great meeting you and having lunch on Friday in the midst of all our creativity!

Shari Carroll said...

So FUN to meet you!!! Wish we had more time to hang out, but am feeling so fortunate to have had the evening we all enjoyed!!!

Hugs and Kisses
Shari

ivy said...

how did you even manage a blog post amidst all this fun you are having?
TFS all this fun pics! love all the pretty cards! and holy moley----look at all your new stamps goodies! so jealous!

Dwita said...

I do really get the feel of that Scrapfest through your photos, Barb.. Once again, you're so lucky to be there.. Waiting for your next photos..

Mandy said...

Woooooooooow, I wish I were there. envy !!!!

Mandy said...

oooh, by the way, I was in 2010 Winter CHA, I met Jennifer, Shari, Tim, Teresa Collins.... there. I had a lot of fun.
Are you using Teresa Collins's stamp maker now ? I am.... so happy, I can make Chinese sentiment stamp for whatever I need.

Deirdre said...

Look at all those amazing goodies.... totally envious... so thrilled you enjoyed the event and got to spend time with all the HA Flickr girls and of course Jennifer, Shari and the gang. Thanks so much for sharing... want to put it in my diary for next year - pity it's so far away from me.

stampingandstitching said...

I loved reading all about ScrapFest and seeing your photos, Barb! The cards are gorgeous and wow that's some great shopping! Thanks for all the news!

Suzanne C said...

Lucky you getting to see everyone and stamp with the HA team!