Monday, April 25, 2011

Make-it, Mail-it!

Hey everybody!

How was your Easter? Mine was so fun! Lots of family, awesome food and lovely weather too. We hit 62, sunny degrees and it felt amazing! It's always so nice when we can all get together under one roof (or on one deck) and just enjoy each others company.

After everyone left tonight, I sat down to look at some blogs and came across one of my faves. Lisa Spangler's, Sideoats and Scribbles blog. She's decided to have a little challenge called, Make-it + Mail-it. We all make lots of cards that don't ever get mailed, so this is a great idea. I have a friend I used to work with who became quite ill almost two years ago now. I have been making and mailing her a card every week since then, so this challenge is perfect for me. Here is the card I've made for her this week.


I used flowers from two different Flourishes sets, colored with Copics and cut out to place in a cluster. It was lots of work cutting all the flowers and leaves but it felt so good to sit and do that after a long, busy week! The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the green patterned paper is from the Basic Grey, Hello Luscious paper pad.

I thought you might also like to see the bouquet that I made for my Easter table. I've had this bunny vase for years and still love it. The bouquet is a mix of lots of different, yummy flowers. . .love those tulips and big, white chrysanthemums!



Here's a close-up:



And this cute, little bouquet was on a smaller table:



Okay, so why don't you head on over to Lisa's blog and join in the challenge? She's going to pick a random winner at the end of the week to receive a card from her! I don't know about you, but I would ADORE getting a card from Lisa!

Thanks for stopping by! It's quite late so I'm heading to bed. Hope to get back to commenting on lots of blogs and cards on Flickr in the morning! :)

28 comments:

Joy said...

I am so sure that your friend will have a huge smile on her face receiving this gorgeous card..so pleased that you had a great time with all your family and that the lead up stress is now behind you...thanks for sharing your gorgeous flower arrangements so bright and cheerful..hugs sweetie!

Anette said...

What a gorgeous card, Barb! I just discovered Lisa's challenge too, and I'd love to participate too. So important to actually use the cards we make, I have waaaay too many just laying around!

Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous Barb...love all the coloring! And your bouqet! WoW! I love it...that certainly could serve as an inspiration photo! Beautiful!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Barb! I love this card, so so so pretty! Your friend is very lucky to receive a card from you each week, wow. Thanks so much for participating in the very first Make-It Mail-It challenge, yay!

And! LOVE your two bouquets! The bunny vase totally cracks me -- it's like they are giving the flowers a hug! And the little bouquet is so cute, too!

Hugs to you! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Barb, and so glad the weather has picked up for you. Gald to here you had a fabulous Easter. Hugs
sally

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, barb! so perfectly colored!! i can see how you were inspired by the flower arrangements! have a great week...

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is beautiful Barb! I'm sure your friend appreciates your cards so much! Love your bouquets of flowers too...gorgeous! Happy Easter Monday! :)

Jacqueline said...

So happy you felt the sun on your face during Easter time Barb! Your card is delightful and will bring much comfort to your friend!

joy said...

What a lucky friend to receive one of your gorgeous cards each week - this one is fabulous, Barb! Glad it was sunny and warm for you - here it was rainy and chilly!! I'm going to go check out Lisa's challenge right now.

joy said...

P.S. Love, love, love that bunny vase and your pretty flower arrangements!

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS!! Love this bouquet of flowers! So bright and lovely in every way! It will bring the receiver a smile! Hugs to you!

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful card Barb and such pretty and colourful flowers!

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Barb and love your vase and the lovely flower bouquets.

patscrap said...

Your bouquets and your card are beautiful Barb.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Absolutely beautiful coloring on your flowers, such a great card! Lovely floral centerpiece, Barb!

susanne said...

This is gorgeous card Barb! You are so sweet and thoughtful! I hope your friend is getting better. Your flower arrangements are beautiful! The colours are very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Barb. Your friend will absolutely love this! So sweet :)

Pajalu said...

Barb both your card of flowers & your real flowers are gorgeous. I bet your friend loves getting cards from you each week xoxoxoxo

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful card and stunning coloring barb!
Love your bouquets as well and their marvelous containers...very British ;-)

Take care ~

Maureen Morton said...

Your coloring is so lovely - maybe because you are around so many flowers? You have become a real master. I love this layout with the vellum sentiment and that beautiful border! ANd that you are so good to your friend warms my heart - you are such a special lady! Thanks for sharing the real flowers, too, but they don't compare to your card!

Nat said...

barb I adore the big flowers and colours you choose for this card, you friend will love it. Beautiful fresh cut flowers too, feels like spring!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Barb! I love your bright colorful card! :> And so love that bunny vase, perfect for Easter!

donna mikasa said...

Your coloring is just gorgeous, Barb! Such a pretty card, and I love the sentiment on vellum! Your Easter arrangements are wonderful--I just love the vase with the bunnies! Hope you are well, too! Hugs!!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Barb! Your flower card is absolitely beautiful...and so are the pictures of the flowers you shared, too. I hope you had a nice Easter with your family!

ivy said...

i'm sure your cards puts a smile on your friend's face every week! wonderful design!

Suzanne C said...

Love your bouquets! They are beautiful and the vases are adorable. Lovely Lovely card. The roses and flowers are beautiful! Wonderful card and that is so you that you create and send a card weekly to an ailing friend!

Clare said...

Such a GORGEOUS card! I love how you colored those in! And your Easter flowers are so pretty! :)

Brenda said...

These are so beautifully coloured Barb! Stunning card!