Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit!!

Hi everyone!


I was lucky enough to receive an August Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp to play with and is it ever a fun one! It's called Summer Dreams. There's a stamp set included in the kit called, Ice Cream Dream which is so adorable! There is also some patterned papers, cardstock, fun little paper embellies and two Distress Markers - Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers! I've created three cards using products from the kit.



All the papers you see are from the kit. I colored the ice cream bar with Copics, cut it out and covered the chocolate area with Glossy Accents. I stamped the tiny hearts, colored and cut them out before adding them to the card. And I love that cute sentiment included in the stamp set!

My next card has a few layers, using more papers from the kit.


It's difficult to see in the photo but I added some dimension by popping up the frame, popsicle and hearts. This time I colored the image with the Distress Markers that came in the kit. I had fun layering some of the cardstock, stripey frame and circle smile. I also stamped those hearts and used a tiny circle punch to cut them out. See that dotty green strip? That's one of the stamps from the kit and I stamped it using Green Apple Ink from SSS to get a tone-on tone effect with the Green Apple Cardstock. Then I used a white gel pen on a few of the dots. The sentiment was (very carefully) cut apart to fit my design.

And one more card.


Here, I used all three ice cream images from the stamp set. Again, the papers are from the kit, the yummy treats were colored with Copics and the Distress Markers from the kit. I white embossed the dots to frame out the center panel. I added colorful sprinkles to the ice cream scoop and I couldn't resist adding the cute smiley face (included in the stamp set) to the ice cream bar! Here's a close-up so you can see the sparkle from the Wink of Stella. (Can't stop using it on everything!)


Another adorable sentiment too!

If you're trying to decide whether to buy this kit, all I can say is, I KNOW you'll love it! It's so happy and fun and just perfect for summer cards!

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
 

15 comments:

Betty said...

cute and cool cards, Barb!!

Lynn said...

Oh these cards are adorable Barb.

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb I need to get the kit to CASE these fabulous cards!! Wink of Stella is addicting isn't it!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Barb. All your cards are just adorable.

Cindy C. said...

Sweet cards Barb!! Perfect for the summer!

judkajudi said...

Awesome use of that kit!! Love the happy colors and the darling little ice cream stamps!! And I love your blog header .. wish I knew how to change those things!!

Helen F. said...

Really cute Summer time cards, Barb! This looks like a 'sweet' card kit from SSS ;-)

Barb Ghig said...

I can see you had a lot of fun playing with this kit, Barb! You did an amazing job coloring all these cute images, and I love how you paired the stamps and papers! Such bright, fun cards and really happy colors! Love them all!!!

Nora Noll said...

These are adorable!! So fresh and fun!!! Love your creations.

Greta said...

Fun summery cards, Barb!

Unknown said...

Love what you've created from this fabulous kit! Those Popsicles are too cute!

alexandra s.m. said...

You enabler you! ;o)
Love your cards and now, i really DO want that kit!!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are all so super sweet and summery - LOOOOVE them all - the colors you used are so PERFECT. You just inspired me to try to be more colorful (-: Thanks!!!

Hugs!

Sarah G said...

Love these bright, fresh cards! So fun and summery :)

NatQuebec said...

Your cards are all really cute !!