Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Die-cut Flower x 3

Hi there!

Before I show you my cards, I want to remind you to consider sending some cards to The Hero's Card Drive - See my post here for the details, or click on the photo over on the sidebar, to find out more.

I've been having lots of fun playing with a new flower die from Memory Box and Simon Says Stamp. It's called Bella Bloom and I love it! I first saw Shari Carroll use it here, so I CASED her gorgeous card, and this is the result.



I used a variety of pretty patterned papers and layered the larger portion of the flower three times.

I couldn't stop playing with the die, so I made a second card with the same colors but different papers.



Then I thought it would be a fun idea to use the same die again, and join in Kelly's and Michelle's, "The Great Mojo Comeback Challenge," over at A Blog Named Hero's Flickr group. The challenge just so happens to be a sketch from Shari Carrol! Here's the sketch. . . .


. . . .and here's my take:


This time, I wanted to create the flower by starting with white paper, so after die-cutting, I added color to each piece of the flower with distress inks, then used one of my favorite techniques. I grabbed the Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp, spritzed it with just water, and stamped it on the two larger flowers and the smaller brown one too. Love the way the water removes some of the ink and leaves a soft impression of the script! This is one way to "stretch your stamps," so I'm also entering this card into my friend, Virginia's challenge over on her blog.

Hope you're all having a good week - it's become quite hot here - low 90's today and tomorrow, but I don't mind because it's a whole lot better than shoveling snow!

Thanks for coming by! :)

36 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Both of your cards are GORGEOUS, Barb! I love how you used the new die cut! I especially love the color combo on your 2nd card! So exquisite! The details are amazing with the partial image of script! Thanks so much for linking up to "How I Stretch My Stamps" Challenge!

Greta said...

Wow--you were on a roll, Barb! I just got some new dies & hope to play before I have to work this weekend. Lovely cards & thanks for the tip to "stretch my stamps"--I hadn't heard that idea & I'll use it.

Tina said...

All cards are gorgeous Barb and you totally make me want that die.

Isha Gupta said...

All your cards are GORGEOUS Barb!!! That die looks fab.

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous cards barb...Miss Shari is very naughty...I too couldn't resist and am waiting not too patiently I have to say for my SS order to arrive...hugs kath xxx

walchowDesign said...

Both gorgeous cards and love how the turqouise with brown turned out! Love your take on the sketch too especially with so many dies involved!

Dawn T said...

great cards Barb. Nice flowers and I love your technique for the last card's flower. Certainly a great way to stretch your stamps.

Donna B. said...

These cards are so pretty Barb! Love how youre using your new die-love these layered flowers!

Lynn said...

Way to showcase that absolutely fabulous die...I love all the variety! so gorgeous Barb!

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards and inspired color combinations!
Sending hugs to you Barb!

Brenda said...

Oh Barb! You are on a roll here, these are totally fabulous! I am in love with the colors you used for your first and second card! Awesome!

Martha said...

OH, Barb! You have created some real beauties with your new die! Love the color combinations and designs.

Happy crafting!
HUGS!

Karen B. said...

These are soooo beautiful, amazing use of color.

Gilda said...

Lovely cards, Barb! I think that flower you inked is gorgeous.

LauraJane:) said...

3rd card's the CHARM!
I LOVE the colors you used on this one.
GREAT JOB Barb:)

Maureen Morton said...

Wowzer, Barb! You have gone over the top.......maybe neglecting your garden with all this amazing crafting?! Good for you. These cards are a garden of true delight - what great use of this die and yummy colors and patterns. Love, love, love!

Lisa said...

Love the versatility of this flower! The blues and oranges are lovely as well :)

lynda said...

Thanks for explaining how you made the text on the last card. It's cool & I'm going to have to try it!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

very neat how you did the second card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all 3 cards Barb! I love this die cut!

Robin K. said...

Love 'em all Barb! Especially love the colors of the first one! Every time it gets in the 90's here (like today!) I think of you as I know how much you love the hot weather:) Hugs:)

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your different takes Barb!
Really lovely!

Thank You~

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barb you really showcased this flower in so many beautiful ways. Love how the designs vary with colors, layers and sentiments! Happy Friday!

CinnamonSally said...

All of these cards are gorgeous Barb, fabulous colours and such a pretty flower die!!

Stempelgedöns said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love the colors.

MarcyK924 said...

These I added as a FAV on Flickr! They are all gorgeous, but the last one is just singing to me! So creative!! XO

Judy1223 said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Wow, Barb, you are on a roll with that new flower die! Love all your cards...well done, as usual!

sheila said...

What a great trio of cards Barb. The third one in particular jumps out at me....I just love the softness of the distressed colors!

yyam said...

Wow! That first card is a stunner! Way to go on stretching those stamps! :)

Anita Rex said...

Hi Barb! These cards are so pretty! I love how you've used this die! Love all three cards! And fabulous take on that sketch! It's super hot here too and humid and sticky!

donna mikasa said...

All your cards are gorgeous, Barb! Love how you showcased that MB die! And I'm loving that color combo, too! Happy 4th to you and yours!

Vicky said...

WOW! So creative! All the cards are so pretty! No wonder I just ordered that die myself! LOL! You are so inspiring!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you're doing great things with that die! Fabulous flowers!!

Sudha said...

Pretty lovely creations.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful cards! Lovely use of the die and the pattern papers!

Tonya said...

These are all fabulous. I ADORE the colors you used on the last one. So stunning.