Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Heros Card Drive


There's a wonderful card drive going on over at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog. It's all about the men and women who serve our country and fight for our continued freedom.

Laurel Beard's husband, Christian, left recently for deployment with the U.S. Navy, and she and some friends are gathering cards for him, and for the men and women who serve with him on the ship.

It's such a great cause, and you know you all have lots of cards lying around just waiting to be mailed out, right?! I've boxed up a bunch of mine and am sending them to Laurel tomorrow. Please take some time to do the same! Click here for all the info.

I wanted to make a new card also, to go along with the others I'll be sending. It's very simple, but I love playing with the new Tim Holtz, Summer Distress Inks! For my butterfly, I white embossed it and added some color with Picked Raspberry and Salty Ocean Distress Inks. When blended, they make the pretties purple shade, don't ya think?!


That's it for me today - gotta head back outside to enjoy the rest of this fabulous, summer day! Hope it's sunny where you are too!

Thank you, as always, for coming by! Now go and get those cards ready and boxed up for Laurel!
:)

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous butterfly, Barb!! Love those new distress ink colors, especially with this resist technique you used. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog, too!

Robin K. said...

Your butterfly is beautiful Barb! I really love the blend of the new distress inks- Tim Holtz is draining my wallet! Enjoy the sun! Hugs, Robin

Gilda said...

Lovely colours on the butterfly, Barb! So effective on the white, dotted background.

sheila said...

Barb this is just so eyecatching! I love the simple butterfly against the embossed white card. Did you put your sentiment on before you embossed?

Kara Lynne said...

Your butterfly is so pretty and vibrant in those beautiful shades! Someone will be so thrilled to give and get this wonderful card!

Martha said...

WOW, that is one GORGEOUS butterfly! What a striking card for a wonderful cause!

Enjoy your "summer day"!
AND, yes, it is very sunny where I am. We got up to 109 today.

Have a wonderful week!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous butterfly, Barb! Love the blended colors! We're in hurricane season here, so it doesn't feel like summer at all! Enjoy your sunshine!

Donna B. said...

I adore this butterfly Barb!! i have those inks and haven't used them - I've got to get them out!! You've inspired me again!

Dawn T said...

Awesome colours on the butterfly Barb. My inks arrived today so can't wait till I can play with them,

Lynn said...

Gorgeous. I love the inking on the butterfly.

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...i love how you embossed the butterfly and the color combo is just perfect...love this...

judkajudi said...

Beautiful blending of those colors, Barb! Yep, I have a "few" cards that need to be repurposed! Enjoy the summer days ... they have to last you through those long Minnesota winters!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love this card! Beautiful inky butterfly and love the greeting too! I'm going to try to get some cards together this weekend and send them to Laurel!

Karen B. said...

Wow, that is one beautiful card that makes such and impact!

Trinh said...

Stunning butterfly, Barb! Yes, those colors doe make the prettiest shade of purple!

Rosemary said...

lovely card, barb!

walchowDesign said...

Pretty mix of colours on the butterfly, Barb! Would love to donate to the card drive but the postage is getting rather pricey!

Brenda said...

Oh gosh those colors! Superb creation Barb!

Maureen Morton said...

Love this brilliant butterfly, Barb. Glad you are getting into the new inks (I want to check your fingers!). A beautiful card for a wonderful cause. Enjoy the weather. Hugs!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

loooooove that butterfly Barb! So super gorgeous :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! So wonderful for you to be creating for out heroes!