Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July CCC

Just a real quick post today.

I love Deborah's Card Chain Challenge! This month I had the pleasure of sending a card to Joy (known as dustypenny on Flickr.)


I used the Hero Arts Dots and Flowers stamp for the background and found some pretty floral ribbon I had in my stash. I colored the white flower with Tumbled Glass distress ink and added a fun, stitched brad from BasicGrey, to the center. I wanted to add one more color and thought a pop of red would be nice, so I adhered the gems and a butterfly.

Here's a close-up of the flower.


One more thing. If you'd like, you can click here to see my last post. It's a tribute to my mom.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope the start to your week is going well!

15 comments:

GrammySue's Creations said...

Barb, this card is beautiful--love it. I love the dots and flowers stamp. Hope that your day is a good one. Take care.

Deirdre said...

Barb, this made me smile... lovely happy, cheery card - I love it. Take care.

stampingandstitching said...

I love the CCC too! Your card is gorgeous Barb! Love the background and pretty ribbon with the sprinkling of gems. The big flower is gorgeous too!

Dawn T said...

Wow - love how you used the sketch. That ribbon looks so lovely. And that brad is the best...

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful! I sometimes forget some of the background stamps that I have but now the dots and flowers is great inspiration for me to take it out and use it again!

Debbie said...

beautiful card and love, love the center of your flower!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Barb! I love the flower and butterfly - so pretty! That brad is gorgeous :)

Nancy said...

Such a gorgeous color scheme! I love red with blue and white, it's so fresh. I'm sure Joy was thrilled to get this stunner!
bless you,
nancy

Nat said...

wonderful card Barb! I love how you have inked the flower and the ribbon is a perfect match! Love this!!

Rosemary said...

so pretty, barb!

Janetcraft said...

oh..so nice to make a sweet card for mom..I saw your mom's olden days picture, so wonderful to treasure such pictures..
Your mom surely love to have such wonderful daugther in making a card for her!!

78thistles said...

Very pretty card Barb! You've done a great job matching the large flower with your ribbon.

Jill said...

This is so beautiful! So many pretty details and touches you've added. And I adore the color combo!

Trinh said...

LOVE those colors, Barb! And the flower with the stitched brad is the perfect embellishment.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! Great ribbon and flower accent!