Monday, August 9, 2010

Engraved Flower

I've been in kind of a funk lately. I always get this way when I'm close to having some time off from work. I find myself not wanting to do anything! It's so strange because that's not like me at all! I work tonight and then during the day on Tues. Wed. and Thurs. Starting Friday I'm off for 10 days. Can't wait! I'm just staying at home,which is my favorite kind of vacation.

So I was barely able to create a card. It helps when you have new stamps. I love all the gorgeous cards in the Flickr pool, using the beautiful Engraved Flower! I was excited to ink it up. I stamped it using VersaMark, onto white cardstock and clear embossed the image. I took Wild Honey and Mustard seed Distress Inks, stamped them onto my craft sheet, then sprayed them with a mix of Perfect Pearls and water. Using a small paintbrush, I colored in the flower. The background is stamped with Old Letter Writing in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



I am really loving the Hero Hues Layering Papers from Hero Arts! The colors are so yummy! I used Mandarin for the card base and also some Poppy for the scalloped, punched edges and sentiment tag.

Here is a close-up of the flower so you can see the shimmery effect of the Perfect Pearls. The gems are also from Hero Arts. . . Love! Looks so pretty in real life!



I'm planning on sending this to my friend, Martha. I told her NOT to visit my blog today. She lives in Georgia and I miss her so much! Been trying to send her a card every week since she moved. It really helps us stay in touch. Another example for the Hero Arts challenge this month.

Thanks for coming by today! Hope your Monday is more productive than mine!

18 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the gem flower center!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous card Barb. I just love the colors you've chosen! I'm sure your friend will adore this card too!

Deirdre said...

Oh Barb, your friend will just love it. I have been on vacation for two weeks and only just back and catching up on what I have missed. Off to see all your other wonderful creations now.

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog recently.... I really appreciate them.

donna mikasa said...

Saw this in the Flickr pool but wanted to visit your blog and comment! So pretty, Barb! New stamps are fun, aren't they? Happy crafting...or relaxing!

Trinh said...

I saw this beauty earlier today and just had to let you know how pretty it is. Hope your work days go by quickly so you can enjoy lots of crafting time!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! So gorgeous...and what did you say that you did not feeling like doing anything? BUT stamping and blogging ? Well, that's ME!! Your embossed flower is "epic" (as my kid's friend say)! Love it, Barb!

Dawn T said...

Perfect card for not being productive Barb!!!! It is totally stunning. I wish I could get the HA layering papers here in NZ but they don't stock them at any of my local stores ( 3 now within 5 kilometres of home) The colours on this card are just so lovely

ivy said...

haven't seen this on flickr yet but glad i stopped by here first to see this beauty!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful! Love the colors as well ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Barb! Love the bold colours! I always feel exactly the same way when i have holidays coming up! This past weekend was a bit unproductive for me :( Enjoy your staycation! :)

Jill said...

Love reading about your technique in creating this beautiful flower and card! Your painting to color it in is just stunning!!

Diana said...

Cool 3-D flower. Very, very nice Barb. Thanks for visiting me!

Rosemary said...

a lovely card for your friend, barb!

Janetcraft said...

yeah new stamps are always fun as well as old ones..I agree with Donna!! love your mandarin flower of Hero arts..

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous orange hues! Beautiful color combo and so glad you got to play with the Hero Hues papers! Love them!

Joy said...

Stunning Barb, I am sure that your friend will love this beautiful card, love, love, love it!

stampingandstitching said...

Lucky Martha, she must be delighted receiving a card from you every week Barb! Gorgeous card! I love your colours and design! The flower looks wonderful and it must be fantastic in real life with all the shimmer!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. The warm tones are so lovely! What a sweet card for your friend!