Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's Saturday!!

Hi blogging buddies!

I love Saturdays, don't you? I got the lawn all mowed yesterday, Laundry done last night, house is fairly clean, hubby went golfing, both boys are out running around and I don't have to work. Ahhh. . . . the joys of having the whole house to myself! Love it!

So this will be a short post. Just a quick card I made with another new stamp. (New to me, that is.) I only used the flower from the Two Birds (3 images) Cling set. I love this pretty image and it's so fun to color with Copics. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I cut out the three roses and paper pieced them using dimensional adhesive. I knew I wanted to place the panel with the flowers onto a dark brown card but I also wanted to place some layers on one side. The dark pink layer is part of a die cut, made from a Hero Hues punch colored layering paper. The light brown piece is actually from a kraft colored envelope that had a spot on it.



The sentiment is from another one of my new stamp sets called Big Hugs. And if you look closely, there is a heart engraved into the middle of the button.

Thanks so much for your visit. I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving comments! They make my day! Hope you all get to do something you love today!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

a lovely card, barb! sounds like you are going to have lots of stamping time today!

Pam W Merwin said...

Your card is beautiful! I am going to spend the day with my daughter who is home with us for about 4 weeks.

Nancy said...

Hi Barb! I love Saturdays too. I am cleaning today, but it is so rewarding once it is finished! I like the graphic look of your card. Very cool! Have a great weekend!

Monika Reeck said...

I love how you coloring the flower Barb..great design too....see you again on my Blog dear...hugs

Dawn said...

Wonderful card Barb. The flowers are stunning. Love the button as well

donna mikasa said...

Hi Barb! Such a pretty card! Love the dimension on the roses and I enlarged the photo to see the engraved heart! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Simone said...

Barb this card is wonderful! I love the roses - they are soo beautiful! Hope you enjoy your day filled with stamping :)

Joy said...

WOW! what a gorgeous card, this is so beautiful, just love it.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful roses. Love the design. So pretty!