Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's Saturday!!

Hi blogging buddies!

I love Saturdays, don't you? I got the lawn all mowed yesterday, Laundry done last night, house is fairly clean, hubby went golfing, both boys are out running around and I don't have to work. Ahhh. . . . the joys of having the whole house to myself! Love it!

So this will be a short post. Just a quick card I made with another new stamp. (New to me, that is.) I only used the flower from the Two Birds (3 images) Cling set. I love this pretty image and it's so fun to color with Copics. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I cut out the three roses and paper pieced them using dimensional adhesive. I knew I wanted to place the panel with the flowers onto a dark brown card but I also wanted to place some layers on one side. The dark pink layer is part of a die cut, made from a Hero Hues punch colored layering paper. The light brown piece is actually from a kraft colored envelope that had a spot on it.



The sentiment is from another one of my new stamp sets called Big Hugs. And if you look closely, there is a heart engraved into the middle of the button.

Thanks so much for your visit. I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving comments! They make my day! Hope you all get to do something you love today!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

a lovely card, barb! sounds like you are going to have lots of stamping time today!

Pam W Merwin said...

Your card is beautiful! I am going to spend the day with my daughter who is home with us for about 4 weeks.

Nancy said...

Hi Barb! I love Saturdays too. I am cleaning today, but it is so rewarding once it is finished! I like the graphic look of your card. Very cool! Have a great weekend!

Monika Reeck said...

I love how you coloring the flower Barb..great design too....see you again on my Blog dear...hugs

Dawn T said...

Wonderful card Barb. The flowers are stunning. Love the button as well

donna mikasa said...

Hi Barb! Such a pretty card! Love the dimension on the roses and I enlarged the photo to see the engraved heart! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Barb this card is wonderful! I love the roses - they are soo beautiful! Hope you enjoy your day filled with stamping :)

Joy said...

WOW! what a gorgeous card, this is so beautiful, just love it.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful roses. Love the design. So pretty!