Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tiny Treat Bag

Hi ladies!

I just loved watching Lisa's video yesterday. She made the cutest little bags out of Hero Hues envelopes. I wanted to give it a try and I had so much fun making this one! Hopefully I'll find some time to make more of them. I love their tiny size!



I used the Graph Background for the base of the card and the little pumpkins are from the So Thankful clear set. The leaf is made out of a coffee sleeve (I learned that one from Virginia!) I used a new EK large leaf punch and added some shading with Distress Inks.


One more thing. Some of you have seen a few cards of mine in the Flickr pool, that I created using Alcohol Inks. Well, I have one more to show you. It's a bit different because I didn't use any stamping at all on this one. After using the inks on the background, I just added some cute stickers. It was really strange not doing any stamping, but fun to try something different. I added some Rock Candy Stickles to the flourish to give it a little sparkle.



I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

19 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such a cute gift bag! I have some leftover HA envelopes and such give it a try too. Yours turned out wonderfully!

Lin said...

Your bag turned out so cute, Barb! Love what you did with the embellies - would be cute to just have sitting out for decoration. So fun!

Jill said...

Your fall gift bag is wonderful! Love the fall colors and the graph background. That alcohol inked background is to-die-for pretty! LOVE IT!

Hannah said...

So clever and crazy cute!! love how you used the coffee sleeve for the maple leaf! love how your second card turned out, even without any stamping! alcohol inks are fun, aren't they?

Rosemary said...

your treat bag is soo cute, barb! will have to take a look at lisa's video. isn't funny to make a card with no stamping?? yours is lovely!

donna mikasa said...

Loved Lisa's bag tutorial and I love how yours turned out! Very autumn-y! And your alcohol ink backgrounds are so gorgeous!

CinnamonSally said...

Love your cute gift bag, I am yet to try this technique, roll on the weekend when I will have more time!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, love your gift bag--especailly love the leaf and how it turned out. Your card is very pretty, too. Thanks for your comments on the gift bag that I made--these gift bags are so much fun to make. Take care and have a great evening.

78thistles said...

Both are really cute Barb! I'll have to take a look at the video ;-)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable treat bag! Love the leaf and accents. The alcohol ink background is fabulous. Lovely card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

That is just darling! I think the big leaf really looks fabby! I have not seen the tut yet, will have to check it out! And I've definitely been loving your alcohol inks cards, so wonderful, they really give such a vibrant look, so different than the distress inks.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your treat bag is toooo cute Barb! I love it! The alcohol inks make such a fantastic background! Well done!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hmmm.....You're making me long for Autumn!
Beautiful Barb ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love that gift bag Barb! Soo beautiful with the fall colours :) Your card using the alcohol inks is beautiful too :)

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

That little bag is soooo cute!! The card is awesome with WOW background!!

Trinh said...

Hi Barb! Your treat bag is SO cute and the card with the alcohol inks is so pretty! Have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

Love your bag Barb...I made one of these in Jennifer's class and your edges are perfection!! Love the card too with the marbled background. Have a great weekend. Hugs,Kathy

Deirdre said...

Such a cute bag and wonderful card.

Anne said...

Hi, Barb! Your treat bag is adorable! Love the leaf, the pretty gingham ribbon, and those gorgeous pumpkins! Love the alcohol ink card, too! :-)