Saturday, March 19, 2011

Joy's First Challenge!

Happy Saturday everyone!


My good friend, Joy, is having her first challenge! All you have to do is find someone who inspires you and honor them by making a card/project. All the details can be found on Joy's blog here, and be sure to scroll down far enough to find the challenge rules.

I've decided to make a card for this challenge by honoring one of our fabulous Hero Arts hostesses, Heather! On the Hero Arts blog this past week, Heather shared her beautiful gift wrapped packages. I've always loved Heather's work, especially when she uses vellum! So I've made a card using the Blossom Art set by Hero Arts and stamping, then white embossing, one of the flowers on vellum.


I used three different layers for the flower. The sentiment is a clear one, also from Hero Arts, and I curved it on my acrylic block so it would align with the curve of my scalloped, circle card base.

Thank you, Heather, for you amazing talent, beautiful work and wonderful inspiration!

Come and join the fun by playing along in Joy's challenge! I know you can all think of at least one person that inspires you!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)

22 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

My your quick off the mark Barb, I am still thinking about my card. This is beautiful and you have captured Heathers style beautifully with the vellum flower!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous vellum flower and beautiful card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

It is a lovely stamp the Blossom, and you have done it justice by embossing on the Vellum, it looks lovely.
Smiles:)

Agata said...

I totally agree, HEather's work on vellum is gorgeous! But so is yours! This round card is beautiful!

Donna B. said...

I love that you did a round card and the colors are really nice. Love the pearl details.

Dawn T said...

Awesome Barb. Heather's work is very inspiring, and I love how you have taken this inspiration and made it your own...

Joy said...

Barb thank you so much for entering my first Challenge...it was so exciting to see that you were my first entry...Love your Vellum card, super pretty and I am sure that Heather would be tickled pink to think you honoured her...Perfect..Hugs!

Rosemary said...

no one does vellum better than heather does! but you sure have given her a run for her money with your card, barb! very pretty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the scalloped circle shape and the beautiful vellum flower, Barb! You are quick on Joy's challenge!!

Arlene said...

Lovely - a beautiful flower - amazing.

Kathy said...

So elegant and beautiful Barb. Hope all is good :)
Hugs, Kathy

alexandra s.m. said...

Strikingly beautiful Barb!
TFS!!

Michelle said...

Wow that flower looks so different on this card, what a wonderful way to use it:-) Super cute!

walchowDesign said...

This is so elegant with the embossed vellum, Barb! Heather would be super happy to receive this beautiful card!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, your card is beautiful--love the embossed flower on the vellum. Great job.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Love your take on Joy's challenge Barb. SO beautiful.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh so pretty Barb! Love the flower! It looks excellent with the scalloped circles!

patscrap said...

Hi Barb. These vellum flowers are so pretty.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful work with the vellum! Love your blue and white scalloped creations, shape cards are always my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb! Sorry I havent been around to comment lately but I have still been popping in to see your gorgeous creations and they have all be so stunning! I especially love this card with that vellum flower - absolutely beautiful! Hope you are all well :)

Shirley said...

Gorgeous!!!

Michelle said...

This circle card is so pretty, Barb! I love vellum flowers!