Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hi there!

They gave me the day off from work today because I'll be working the rest of the week, with Mother's Day coming up. I've treated myself to a crafty, fun day, doing almost nothing else! Yay!


I started out making this fun card for Lisa Spangler's Make it-Mail it challenge #2. This week it's all about sweets. How fun is that?! So I decided to break out the cute, Have a Donut set, from Hero Arts. I found some fun, heart paper from Basic Gray that I thought was pretty "sweet" too. . . .Look, it even says so!



As I was uploading this card onto the computer, there was a knock at the door. Yikes! I was still in my jammies but I knew what it might be, so I answered it and I was right! I've been waiting for these! I won them on Jennifer McGuire's blog a week or so ago! Aren't they wonderful!?

I received FOUR packs of Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils! Each pack came with nine pencils and a small paint brush. That's 36 pencils! Thank you, Jennifer!!


I found a vase to put them in and tied a pretty, yellow bow around it.



I just had to play with them right away! Mostly just scribbling at first, to see how they feel and look. Then I decided to make a CAS card. I wanted to start out small because I don't use watercolor pencils very often.

The flowers and sentiment are from the Hero Arts, Happy Mom's Day clear set. I'll be sending this to one of my sisters, who is the mother of two girls.


Then I got a bit more brave and colored another, larger flower. This time, one from the Hero Arts, Blossom Art set. I could use some more practice in blending the colors, but I am loving the process!

This one also has Old Letter Writing, white embossed on the nestie and the Envelope Pattern stamped in the background.


So there ya have it! My crafty kind-a-day in a nutshell! I still have all evening, so who knows, I may just keep goin'!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're getting crafty too! :)

23 comments:

Anita Rex said...

Wow love all 3 cards!!! :> Such a nice set of water colors! So wonderful Jennifer is with her giveaways! You are going to have so much fun with all those pencils! And what a great crafty day for you, me too! :> I hope your week is well as I bet it will be busy!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great cards, Barb, and what a fun prize from Jennifer! Love those pencils and it looks like you're having fun with them! I'm jealous of your crafty day - I had to work but I did finish my CCC card!

Trinh said...

Congrats on your prize, Barb! And looks like you're off to a great start with those pencils. I wanted to thank you for leaving me a sweet comment on the Moxie Fab post. It means so much to me!

maryse n. said...

Wow! Lucky you! a whole day to craft and you won some pencils, lucky, lucky, lucky. Love all 3 cards but I especially like the last one. Love the pink and purple. Have a great week!

alexandra s.m. said...

YIPPIE!! Congrats on winning these fabulous pencils!
Love the cards you made Barb!!
Thanks for the inspiration, I can't wait to have some free time to have a go at the challenge ;-)

Brenda said...

Wow, how nice to get a day off AND to receive such a beautiful GIVEAWAY from Jennifer! I think that you are doing great with the colouring - how great to receive these at the same time that the HA challenge is to use coloured pencils! Have fun!

Nancy K said...

I am so glad you had a crafty-creative day at home...and oh my goodness, your cards are lovely! Each one is a unique gem. Perfect timing on the prize delivery too...don't you love it when things work like that?
blessings to you, have a wonderful week with your flowers!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Barb...what a GREAT day! Don't you LOVE it when those prizes come in the mail? Best feeling ever!

So happy to hear you had such a fun and productive day (In a cafty sort of way, anyway!). Each and every one of your cards is fabulous. Looks as though you have been using these pencils for so long...you are a natural!

I love how you have them in the flower vase, too...you tie a mean bow, girl!

Jenny said...

Congrats hun!! WTG!!! :D :D :D love your cards!!! HUGS!

Kath Stewart said...

lots of gorgeous cards barb...have fun with those pencils...hugs kath xxx

Dawn T said...

What a fun day Barb and what luck to get a set of 36 pencils... I LOVE my Faber Castell watercolour pencils... they are awesome once you get the hang of the colouring and wetting... such gorgeous cards you've made too...

joy said...

Oh, Barb! Congrats on winning the watercolor pencils! You will have so much fun with them. Love the cards you have made with them. Sometimes I use watercolor pencils and sometimes I use just the color pencils. Either way, they are fabulous to play with!

Lin said...

I see great things coming! Congrats, you lucky girl!

Isha Gupta said...

Congrats Barb!!! I am sure you will be enjoying the pencils for a long time...I love watercolor pencils, gives a beautiful effect. You made some lovely cards:))

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love all your cards and I especially love first one. I have that BG paper too. I looks adorable on your card Barb. Congrats on winning the colored pencils! yay!

Donna B. said...

That was a nice prize!! Love all your watercoloring and just in time for the colored pencils challenge on Hero Arts!!

Unknown said...

Love them all! What a great prize to win! I am so happy for you!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my goodness, I've been missing out on all your fabulous cards! Really beautiful creations Barb! So glad you got some time off yesterday! Those pencils look fun to work with, have fun playing with them, they seem to be the popular item now as far as coloring! :)

Joy said...

What gorgeous cards Barb, love them all and all wonderful techniques....don't you just love getting happy mail...hugs!

Rosemary said...

your make-it, mail-it card is adorable, barb! and the floral ones are so pretty! you had a very productive day for sure!

Maureen Morton said...

What a glorious, enriching day you had! Good for you - it can restore the soul. And you were so creative. I love all these cuties and they are all so different. I particularly love that lavender ribbon. Congrats on winning Jennifer's prize! She gets so many entries that I never do - you are something else. You tickle me!

Anonymous said...

YAY Barb! So nice to see someone so sweet win! And you've put them to great use already!

Suzanne C said...

That sounds like a wonderful day off! Especially in jammies doing your stamping time! Beautiful cards! Love how you presented your pencils!