Friday, January 13, 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking Class day 4

If you're looking for my Hero Arts Hostess blog hop post, please click here.




I signed up (late) for the CAS online card class, and I'm so glad I did! Today's post is for day #4, which was all about using 1 stamp in 3 different ways.

I chose to use the Dotted Flowers, cling set from Hero Arts, and thought it would be fun to also use the same sentiment stamp for all three cards. It's from the new Hero Arts, XO clear set.

Here's my first card - very CAS using a couple of strips of ribbon and just stamping one of the flowers onto patterned paper.



For my second card, I used a smaller flower from the cling set, to create my own background. I also have cut apart the clear sentiment so it would fit where I wanted to stamp it on my card. It's OKAY! I put it perfectly back together, as you'll see on my last card.



On this third card, I stamped all three flowers from the set onto red cardstock. I wanted to create another background, but this time, using the sentiment. SEE?! It's all put back together, exactly how it was before I cut it apart. I just lined it up onto my acrylic block before stamping - so easy! :)



If you haven't tried cutting apart a clear sentiment, don't be scared! It gives you more options for your sentiments! You do need a small, sharp scissors, and you need to be careful with sentiments that have words very close together, but they really do cut apart beautifully!

One more IMPORTANT thing! I've finally gathered all the goodies to do my giveaway, celebrating 200 followers! I just need to put them all together and take a photo. So be on the lookout for that very soon! I also have something really exciting coming at the end of next week that I can't wait to share with you! :)

Thanks so much for coming by, and have a great weekend! :)

32 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Barb! You are way ahead of me on this class, I am still struggling for some reason. You know,I really love how that flower looks as a background! I have this set and never thought of using it like that! Love these gorgeous cards Barb!

Lynn said...

Aren't you loving the class Barb? I'm having so much fun with it! love your cards...really love the last one! The red and black just pops!

Lisa said...

Love all of these especially the last one! I like half the card being blank and then using the sentiment for bg- really great job! I'm 2 days behind as of today- hopefully will catch up this weekend!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Great how you have extended your image by adding more elements, and still keeping is CAS. It is a great learning tool for seeing what works and what doesn't, how the effect on the design lifts or fails when you add or remove.
Lovely work Barb.
Smiles:)

Dawn T said...

What fun Barb. Love all three cards but I think my favourite is the last one. I'm enjoying the classes, even if I am getting behind in making a card... I'm getting lots of inspiration. And I like that I can go back anytime when the MOJO is away and call it back!

Trinh said...

Ooh great job with this challenge, Barb! All are pretty but i'm partial to that last one. Love the red flowers!

Annette Allen said...

Wow these are so fun...I love this flower...so cute with the polka dots in the flower...

Michelle said...

Wow, you certainly successfully used the one stamp three ways! What a great selection of cards you've created, amazing! I particularly love the centre green one, so soft and pretty. :-)

Judy1223 said...

Barb, I love each and every version of this pretty card! Each color, each style...each so pretty!

Dixie Cochran said...

Barb, your cards are gorgeous! It's amazing how you used some of the same supplies in all of them, yet they are all unique.

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely cards and thanks for showing how you used 1 stamp set for 3 different looks. I'm still trying to be more creative in that sense.

joy said...

You really mastered this class, Barb!! I love all three cards and the way you have used both a sentiment and a stamp for them. You are so talented!!!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Barb! Love your CAS card! All the card is so lovely!

Probably, this is the first time that I visit here. Oh, I don't know the reason why... I follow you from now on. :)

Gilda said...

I think you did a great job showing different ways to use the same stamps. I'm building up the nerve to cut apart a sentiment!

Karen B. said...

Wow, Barb, each of these are amazing, and so different from each other!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb, All three of these cards are gorgeous, my favorite one is the card with the red flowers. Great job on all of them.

Donna B. said...

Barb, these cards area all amazing!! Love how you used that stamp in so many ways. Can't wait to hear your big news!!!

MarcyK924 said...

You really embraced those classes! It was is there just waiting to come out! I have to do my cards in a closet with out embellies around me! :)) I love all three, but the 3rd is my fav! Just perfect, Barb!

pcm said...

Barb, I LOVE that 3rd card. LOVE!

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing these cards--I needed some cards for our church card ministry and was able to quickly make these up.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous class my Friend!
These are so inspiring indeed!!

TFS~

Anonymous said...

These cards are beautiful Barb! Love each of these :)

defi n.s said...

beautiful cards, TFS

Laurel Beard said...

Barb, what a cute set of cards. I I had to pick a fav, I am loving the second card.... Love that you created a background with the smaller floral image and love the colors! (I cut my clear stamps too, gasp... Hey, it works)...

Karen said...

Love this flower and I love what you did with it on all 3 of these cards! That Black and White with Red card is just fab!! I love the sentiment bg! and I can't wait to hear your exciting news at the end of the week!! You have my curiosity now :-) Hugs my friend!!!!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all 3 cards Barb! Love the 3rd card with the words background. I've had to cut my sentiments before too and you're right, it works perfectly. Can't wait for your giveaway and your exciting news!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to catch up on the classes. Love the cards you did with Day 4's class. My favorite is the second. I'll have to give your ideas a try.

Suzanne C said...

All the cards are lovely. The third card is my fav with the text in the background and the color combo!

Renee V said...

These are beautiful Barb!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barb when I saw your first card I said to myself "love it" then I scrolled down and saw the second and thought "two beauties" then when I saw the third I thought "you are on fire"!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful mixing and matching of the stamp and the sentiment! Love all your creations today, Barb, looks like you're having tons of fun with the class!

Anonymous said...

Great job on these!! I really like the second one, the flower background looks great... although, I do find it really innovative to use the text as a background as well... seriously, they all look awesome.