Friday, February 17, 2012

Lily Pad Cards - Virginia's View #2!

Hi there!

Lily Pad Cards has a new Virginia's View challenge today! Look at this yummy inspiration photo from Virginia!


Isn't it pretty?!

We are sponsored this time by Sweet Stamp Shop, and I played with their cute gumball machine stamp to create a CAS design.


I love these colors and wanted to incorporate the little red dots from the photo onto my card. (I used an old fashioned hole punch.) The gumballs inside the machine were created by dotting the paper with different colored Copic markers. They come out so perfectly round! I don't know if you can see it, but I added Glossy Accents over the "glass" of the machine.

So, hop on over to the pond and check out the challenge. You can read all the details and see the wonderful cards from the other DT members. Sure hope you can play along!

I want to also invite you all to stop by the Hero Arts Flickr group tomorrow (Saturday Feb 18th.) I'm hosting the 90-Minute Scramble at 3:00pm Central Time and would love it if you could join in the fun! If you've never heard of a scramble, check this out. It explains the whole thing. I can tell you that they are so much fun, and you could win some stamping goodies too!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend! :)

23 comments:

maria f. said...

Love gumballs and love your CAS card.

Lynn said...

I'm going to try and get to your scramble tomorrow! I should be home!

Love your card. The gumball machine is adorable!

joy said...

Great card, Barb! Sure wish I could play tomorrow; I've only been home to play for one of them a long time ago. Tomorrow I will not be around either :( Have fun with the scramble!

Unknown said...

Love your gumball card!Those gumballs are so cute and CAS is my style!!

Debbie said...

Your card is so cute! love the gumball design, can't make it for the scramble tomorrow :(, I have to go see my dad.

Karen B. said...

Love the nod to the gumballs with the circles running down the side, too cute!

Trinh said...

This is so cute, Barb! I love all the brightly colored gumballs & the red dots down the side. I'm sad that I will be missing your Scramble tomorrow. I know it will be a blast!

Vicky said...

Such a happy and fun card Barb!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such a cute card Barb! Love V's photo too! I'm really hoping I can play in the scramble tomorrow if we're home. I've missed the last couple. Thanks for your sweet comments about my Fab 5 win. You're the best! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous Barb. You pulled so many of the photo details into your card design with the dots and colors. Very creative!

Lisa said...

Love how you brought the dots onto your card, Barb! It's a really fun touch :) And I can see the GA- it looks great!

Karen said...

Darling card, love the way you did the gumballs, they came out great!!! I wish I could join your scramble but I think I will be at my nephew's Bday party. I will have to check the time. Hugs!!!

Nancy K said...

Such a happy design, Barb! I love how you added the gumballs, they are so bright and give this card a special spark.

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the photo, Barb! The gumball is so cute and love how you interpreted the red dots too!

Annette Allen said...

so so cute...I love it...great color combo..

Dawn T said...

what a cool card Barb. Love your gum ball machine and it's bright gumballs.

donna mikasa said...

Hi Barb! LOVE your take on the photo with that awesome gumball machine! Such a fun card! Glad to hear you're feeling better, and I'm hoping to Scramble with you! Hugs!

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a fun design! And sweet too!

~Tammy~ said...

This is fantastically fun! Great approach to the inspiration photo!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card Barb! Love the dots along the side. Soo cute!

Brenda said...

I love your sweet gumball machine Barb!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a fun and sweet card! Love how you used markers to dot each gum ball, so clever!

Suzanne C said...

Super adorable! Love the dots along the side!