Thursday, July 12, 2012

I'm Still Stretchin' My Stamps!

Here I am again with another day of class. I can't believe I've actually stayed caught up and even blogged about it each day! :) But I must admit, day 4 was difficult. The lesson today was all about using graphic stamps, of which I have very few!



After viewing two amazing videos - one from Jennifer McGuire and the other from Julie Ebersole, I still didn't know what I was going to do. (Seriously, those two are so talented!) I LOVE their videos - they are so full of amazing creativity and fabulous tips!

I scrolled down further and saw a card from Cristina Kowalczyk, and finally figured out what I wanted to do. I grabbed a Hero Arts clear set called, Luscious Patterned Flowers and went to work. I used the smallest flower to create a fun frame for my sentiment, which is from the same set. I also added black dots to the center of each flower with Enamel Accents.



I'm excited for Friday's class because I'll have time in the morning to work on my "homework" instead of doing it late at night!

Happy weekend to you, and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh la la...love the border Barb. So stunning with the deep blue. I haven't stretched past day one yet. :) Watched the videos for days 2 and 3, but need to create. It looks like rain here so I may get to sneak downstairs...hoping so!!

Annette Allen said...

oh i love this border...lovely bright blue flowers...lovely card.

Kara Lynne said...

That's a perfect frame, your stamping is so even! Love that blue color and the black dots. Glad you have Friday to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Love the colour combo,gives the card a nice crisp look!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barb you are the perfect student getting all your artistic homework completed!! I am enjoying hearing about the things that inspire you and seeing your delightful creations!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is great, love the colors and the CAS layout. Loving the inspiration I get from the class and all the wonderful talent.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE it Barb! Great BLUES:) The bordered cards were Deffinately my favorite too!

Virginia L. said...

GREAT inspired card, Barb! I learn so much just by looking at your gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see what you create this weekend :)

donna mikasa said...

You're such a good student, Barb! =) Love this graphic frame in such a gorgeous shade of blue!

Donna B. said...

Very pretty Barb! Simple, yet striking!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Barb, I was looking through the gallery this morning and saw your card and was inspired to create a similar one!

Jackie said...

I think it turned out perfectly! I love the flowers as a border, what a wonderful idea.

Robin K. said...

Love that beautiful border you created! And that's some even stamping you did there too!!

Karen B. said...

Barb you are totally excelling in this class, I've loved all your examples!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Barb!
Hope you have a great week-end ;-))

Greta said...

Great idea using the flowers for a frame & the black dots add so much! Lovely card!

Maureen Morton said...

Such a fun border on this gem of a card, Barb! Great color, too. Glad you are getting such a kick out of class - it is good to stretch the creativity. A+

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love how you did the frame, Barb! And kudos to you for keeping up with class! I just finished viewing days 4 and 5 - I've been behind all week!! Great class though, eh?

Brenda said...

I really love your frame Barb and the blue, black and white looks so wonderfully bold! So glad that you are enjoying the class.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Barb!!!

Cris said...

Love your take on Cristina's card! Beautiful!