Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pretty Painted Flower

Hi there!

If you're looking for my Stamp Fever-Lawn Fawn, blog hop post, please click here or scroll down.

I'm still playing with the pretty stamp from Hero Arts called, Painted Flower. I've told you before that it inks up so beautifully - already shaded - no coloring necessary. Don't get me wrong, I DO love to color, but when I'm in a pinch for a quick card, this stamp will be one that I reach for!
 
For today's card, I had already stamped the flower with markers and it was sitting on my desk waiting to be put on a card. But then I saw a card from my friend Jacqueline, here. She stamped it on a tag using only black ink and it was beautiful! That gave me an idea. Why not overstamp the blue flower with black ink and see what it looks like.



I really love the way it turned out! I created the background using Glimmer Mist and added some more splatters with blue and black, watery ink and the flick of a paint brush.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're enjoying your week! :)

22 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

What a great idea, Barb! I think it looks so vintage this way...and so, so pretty! I love your splatters, too...one of these days I should try that technique. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us!

sheila said...

This is absolutely stunning Barb. I just love this card ;-D

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Wow - This is amazing. I would never have thought that you would still see the blue after stamping with black. Love that splatter background too.

Virginia L. said...

STUNNING!! The teal blue is so rich and beautiful! You nailed this! NOW I want this stamp!!

Dawn T said...

a stunner Barb. Great technique.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

very nice stamp!. and I agree the splatters are fabulous!
thanks for sharing
bibiana

maria f. said...

Isn't she lovely? This totally belongs over at MFW Tuesday Trigger, Barb!

Jacqueline said...

So BEAUTIFUL - love that inspirational idea!! Love your new profile pic too - hugs!

Lynn said...

The deep blues are gorgeous...and the glimmer mist adds the perfect touch.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Beautiful! Love the added splatters!

LauraJane:) said...

Stunning effect Barb!

Maureen Morton said...

Breath-taking, Barb! What great depth and dimension! You rocked this one, my dear. I'm not a flower-stamper, but you've set my heart a-flutter with this technique! And those spatters......wow. All amazing!

walchowDesign said...

Stunning effect with the double stamping, Barb! Love how the blue and the black turned out!

sweetscrappingma said...

great card!

Judy Tuck said...

Lovely.Gorgeous colours.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love your flower,so very pretty...

alexandra s.m. said...

superb Barb!!
I love how both free and sophisticated your card is!
TFS~

Cathy A said...

Love the paint splatter effect background on this Barb, it brings out the colour of the flower

Brenda said...

Positively out of this world beautiful Barb!

MarcyK924 said...

This is GORGEOUS, Barb! LOVE the colors and how you used this awesome stamp!

Kelly Booth said...

GOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!!!

Vicky said...

Wow Barb! This card is gorgeous!!! i love that flower!!! Haven't visited for some time your blog and it's full of inspiration!!!