Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Another Simon Says Stamp Tree

Hello!

Just a quick post tonight before heading to bed. I've been playin' some more with the Layered Trees sets from Simon Says Stamp

This time, I first used the Tiny Flakes cling stamp from Hero Arts, stamping it with different colors of Distress Inks, onto some cardstock. I then stamped the branches of the tree, die-cut them and assembled them onto my panel.



That pretty embossed background piece is actually a piece of resist paper from the Artisan Papers pack by Pink Paislee. Each piece has a "built in" resist design. I added similar colors of Distress Paint to the paper to coordinate with my tree. The sentiment is from Hero Arts' Merry Christmas Trees clear set.

Here's a close-up of the branches.



I've got the day off from work tomorrow - looking forward to some more play time - I certainly won't be going outside - it has gotten very cold! Our high temp today was only 40 degrees and I even saw a few flakes of snow on my way to work this morning - WAY too early!! I was sort of hoping for an Indian Summer - doesn't look like that will be happening - *sigh*

Hope your week has gotten off to a great start! Thank you for dropping by! ♥

24 comments:

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty card Barb. The colours are so lovely

joy said...

Really clever to stamp the tree pieces on your stamped background, Barb! Love the blue and white.
Our weather is doing the same thing as yours. But, I am still hoping for a few days of Indian summer before winter really sets in. And I feel the same as you about that four letter word.. (*!@*!)

Susanne Vargas said...

What a beautiful and fun card! Love what you did with this tree!

sheila said...

Hi Barb! It is pretty Brrrrr here in Wisconsin too. Almost overnight it seemed to get frigid. I love this card....it is so fresh and funky! That is a cool die/stamp set. Glad to see you hhad some time to play lately.

Unknown said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Barb!!! :)

Virginia L. said...

How LOVELY and PRETTY! The colors are so perfect with the sentiment! Well done, Barb!

Lin said...

Oh I love this, Barb! My favorite color and that tree is just so charming......just ordered the dies that match this stamp set!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you created your own pattern, then used it for the tree branches and the background pattern is gorgeous, Barb! Such an elegant sentiment, and I love the sparkly gems! Gorgeous card, Barb!

MarcyK924 said...

SOOOOO pretty in blues! Great use of patterns!

Helen F. said...

Very cool tree, Barb! Love the background Resist Paper and the sequins make perfect ornaments :)

Sue McRae said...

This is such a fun tree Barb, and I love all the shades of blue.

Tracey McNeely said...

I LOVE this Barb! What a funky tree!

Maureen Morton said...

You are really making the most of this tree stamp, Barb! Love how you stamped the pattern, then the tree. Such unique background paper, too. It all comes together with such grace - a beauty!

Greta said...

Love your card, Barb! you've inspired me to actually use some of the resist papers I have stored & not used! Too bad I can't send you some of our incredible Fall weather.

Lynn said...

You are rocking your new goodies. I love this! And say no to snow...not ready!

Deepti said...

You have created a wonder with the same stamp n die set. Love this one :)

Robin K. said...

I really love what you've done with the branches of the tree! Such beautiful colors!

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is a beauty Barb! Love the colors! It's getting cold here too. I'm like you, I want summer to last forever! haha! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card Barb and I agree, it is not too soon we 've had the first snow flakes here in Chicago

walchowDesign said...

you've created another beautiful card with the same stamp, Barb!

Martha said...

OH, Barb! This is simply BEAUTIFUL! What a FUN & pretty tree! Love the colors! ♥

donna mikasa said...

Such a charming little tree! Love the color, love the details on each branch!

Leni said...

Beautiful!

Brenda said...

I absolutely adore this card, the colours and that awesome funky tree! I don't own that stamp but a friend wants to make a card with this tree on it, so, we are going to wing it and hand cut it ourselves!