Thursday, March 20, 2014

COOL TECHNIQUE!

Hi there!

I'm hoping to write a really quick post tonight. Been a very long day and I'm trying hard to keep up with my homework for Clean and Simple 3 class. 

It was my favorite day so far. Fabulous cards and ideas were shared and I really loved Stephanie's fun, glittery technique!

Today's lesson was all about textural effects. Stephanie showed us a different way of using glitter on stamped images and it is so cool looking! Here's my card, which is an almost total CASE of her's.


At first glance you see a bright, fun card but the cool part is on the balloons. Check out this close-up:


Isn't that so neat looking?! It's a technique where you capture the glitter underneath some clear embossing powder. The glitter stays put but still has it's shimmer - so fun! (I used Tim Holtz Distress Glitter.)

The images and sentiment are all from Simon Says Stamp. Sorry, I'm too tired to share the links. If you want to know, just shoot me an email.

Okay, I'm off to bed - gotta work again tomorrow and I want to be up early enough to at least read through day 10's lesson.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by! ♥

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, I haven't had a chance to watch this video yet, but my oh my is your card gorgeous! Wow!

Lynn said...

Woops...didn't realize Jonathon was logged into google instead of me!

Cindy C. said...

Wow how fun!! And the card is striking!!

craftytreen said...

such a pretty card. I love this technique. I haven't tried it yet. thanks for sharing it.

Laura Norris said...

Beautiful card Barb! Love that shimmery glitter. Great job with Stephanie's technique!

Cat Craig said...

Great job Barb, I gotta get ahold of that sticky stuff!

Leta said...

Wow, that's so great! I had trouble getting the glitter on the second balloon to butt up against the first. There's a sliver of a gap but I cheated and took the photo at an angle so it doesn't look so bad, ha ha!

Barb Ghig said...

I love all the sparkle on your balloons, Barb! You did an amazing job on Stephanie's technique...Love your color combo, too! A+++ on your homework, for sure!

Sharon Underwood said...

Love all the sparkle! Great job on the lesson!

judkajudi said...

Guess I should've signed up for the class! This is awesome!!

judkajudi said...

Guess I should've signed up for the class! This is awesome!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Your sparkly one layer card is so fun! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love your card Barb. It is a great technique that was fun to watch. You captured this beautifully. Great job. I am behind as usual. Hoping to catch up this weekend.

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME work, Barb! I love your take on the glitter design! What a fun and cool card!

ThePurplePlace said...

Woweeee!! Your card came out perfectly and I just LOVE your color choices!!

I haven't' tried this technique yet, but it sure does look fun and pretty easy too and the best part is that it packs a punch with all the wonderful sparkle!!

Hope to get a chance to give it a try over the weekend!! Happily I have this new stamp set already!!

Yippee!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb I knew you would attempt this technique and you did such a beautiful job! Love this sparkly cheerful card!

joy said...

Very sparkly indeed! Love this card.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, your card came out gorgeous. I couldn't get mine to work at all. Great job!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your glittery balloons, Barb! Hope all is well with you, my friend!!

Robin K. said...

That's such a cool card Barb!!

Donna B. said...

Fun card Barb! Love the glittery balloons and how you inked the edges in that fun matching color!

alexandra s.m. said...

what a gorgeous and happy card!
Love your balloons Barb!!
thank You~

Deepti said...

I love ur gittery balloon, I did see the video and now more inspired to try this technique :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

WOW! This is stunning! The balloons are so cool! I'll have to try this for sure.

teri said...

Man, this is lovely! Love all that glitter!