Thursday, June 5, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #4

Hi there!

I've been really enjoying my time off from work this week. We've had some beautiful weather so, needless to say, I have spent as much time as possible outside - love that!

Have you seen Virginia's newest challenge? She'd like us to create tags or scrapling and she also wants us to add a recycled or household item. 



I decided to make a tag and I knew I wanted to have flowers on it but I had to figure out which item or product I would use to create those flowers. I decided to use tin foil - don't ask me why because I don't know!

After crinkling up the pieces of tin foil and pressing them flat again, I covered them with a layer of Gesso. When that was dry, I added some Distress Paint and blended them with water. 




After the paint dried, I proceeded to cut out the flowers with my Cuttlebug. The die is from Simon Says Stamp's Whimsical Flowers set.

 


The die-cut flowers were very flimsy, so I layered each one on top of some cardstock scraps, which I had also cut out with the same die. Then I adhered them onto my tag, added some sequins and a bit of Crinkle Ribbon. I dyed the ribbon with the same distress Inks and water to match the colors of my flowers.




The texture is really cool looking! Here's a close-up:

 


I want to thank Virginia for always being so creative and inspiring!

Hope you're all having a good week! Thanks for stopping by! ♥

26 comments:

Deepti said...

Stunning project :) I have to try this !!

LauraJane:) said...

SUPER COOL Barb! LOVE the green centers of each flower.

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb you are so good at taking chances and getting messy. Absolutely LOVE your ingenious flowers! Way to rock V's challenge!

Sue McRae said...

The texture is so cool on these cheery flowers Barb!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my gosh, Barb!!!! Your flowers are AMAZING!! Who knew they are made with tin/foil paper! Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feelings and just. do. it! In this case, I am glad that you experimented and it is very innovative and the result is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! xo

Cindy C. said...

You tin foil flowers are fabulous!! Love the colours, and the texture is so fun!!!!

Robin K. said...

Your tin foil flowers are so cool Barb! Love the texture and colors! I know what you mean about the nice weather- after the winter we had I've been spending every possible minute outside:)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh...Em...Gee!!! You have totally blown my mind with your AMAZING tag, Barb! I love how you thought way outside the box with the tin foil, and how you dyed your ribbon to match! This is a real work of art...I LOVE your tag!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Barb,
Love the texture you have created on your blooms, and the way you have designed this rather unique whimsical card is just lovely.
Smiles:)
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

GENIUS! Who would have thought?
I love your result!
Well done dear Barb!!

Dawn T said...

Love the look you got with your tinfoil flowers Barb. Love that you keep the background white as it really allows the flowers to pop.

Joy said...

So flipping creative Barb, love your colour choice too...enjoy the rest of your time off, hugs PS. thanks for all the love and support xx

Jeanette M. said...

Fabulous tag, Barb! Love the crinkled foil texture and those colours!

~amy~ said...

Barb, what a neat technique! LOVE all the texture!

joy said...

Your mojo was working overtime when you made these gorgeous and unique flowers, Barb! I love the contrast of the vibrant colors against the white tag - so pretty. I see a winner here!!

CinnamonSally said...

Really pretty Barb, the flowers are fabulous!

Unknown said...

what a cool project - a really great idea!

judkajudi said...

Awesome result, Barb!!

I Card Everyone said...

Love this idea of tin foil flowers, Barb! Did it seem to have an effect on your dies? Maybe they are even sharper now =]

Thanks for sharing!!

Michele

Donna B. said...

Beautiful tag Barb! I love the colors and all the texture!

Greta said...

Really cool look with the foil, Barb! Thanks for the inspiration!

Martha said...

OH, Barb...Barb...Barb...did you hear me scream!!? I LOVE this DARLING tag! You really made that tin-foil shine with those pretty colors! I love your creativity! ♥

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow Barb...love the look and how clever...great tag!

donna mikasa said...

Oooh, I LOVE the texture on your flowers! What a clever and creative technique! Thanks for the tutorial--must give this a try!

Lucille K said...

Lovely textured flowers on your tag, Barb. Your work has paid off with this pretty project :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Very cool technique! Love how cool this turned out Barb!