Friday, August 1, 2014

Teacher's Pet Release From SSS!

Hi everyone!

Have ya seen the Teacher's Pet release over at Simon Says Stamp? It is the cutest set of six new products PERFECT for back to school! All you moms out there with school aged kiddos will LOVE this release! Makes me wish my kids were still little!

The stamp sets are fab! This one can be used to create small notes for your child's lunch box. And this one is perfect for thanking a wonderful teacher all year long. There are also two sets of dies, (love this set!) a Scrambled Letters Stencil and an Alphabet Background Cling stamp.

I've been playing with the stencil and it is so fun - I got really inky last night with Peacock Feathers and Vintage Photo Distress Inks - yay!


I used the technique where you ink up the stencil, spritz it with water and press it onto your watercolor paper. I don't usually use the more textured side of this paper but thought it would be a fun effect. The sentiment is from one of my favorite Simon Says Stamp sets called, Stripe Greetings.

You can see all six products from this fun release here.

Thanks for the visit! I'll be back soon with a card using the new Alphabet Background Cling - hope to see you then! ♥

14 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I love this technique you used! Need to try this!

Lin said...

You chose the perfect colors, Barb! Love how it turned out!

Virginia L. said...

Is this ever GORGEOUS, Barb!! Very Shari-Carroll-like!!! Love the colors and details! Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Cindy C. said...

Love the texture you created here Barb, and the two colours look so good together!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love the effect you achieved with this technique, Barb! The color combo is amazing, and your sentiment is perfect! I can't wait to see what else you've created with this new release, too :-)

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card and I love that effect, it makes me think of Battik

joy said...

Love this color combo, Barb! It's been a long time since my kids were in school, but this new release is perfect for those who do. I really love the results of your stencil spritz technique!!

Deepti said...

This is lovely, great technique!! have to give it a try :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Barb,
Love it, the large letters look awesome and arty.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

What a fun card, Barb! Love that color combo & the stencil!

Martha said...

You've used the technique and colors SO beautifully! I love this card, Barb!

Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

Dawn T said...

fabulous use of your stencil Barb. The colours are great.

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! Love that beautiful colour combination and the wonderful effect you achieved by using that technique and the more textured side of the watercolour paper!

Tracey McNeely said...

That is a fun stencil and the Peacock Blue and Vintage Photo inks are fabulous together!