Saturday, January 8, 2011

90-Minute Scramble!

Happy Saturday!

Last night, there was another 90-minute scramble over on the Hero Arts Flickr sight. Linda was the hostess with the mostest and she had such a fun theme! Many of the ladies who participated got into their jammies and stamped away until the wee hours of the morning! The theme was "ring out the old year, ring in the new." She wanted us to use one Hero arts stamp from 2010 and one from 2011. I used the beautiful Hydrangea stamp from last year and the new Magical Background stamp. (it was released in 2010 but has a 2011 date on the tag.) These are two of my very favorites! Here's the card I came up with.



I kept it very simple, stamping the background with Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink, then the Hydrangea over that with a bit darker brown, Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink. I colored the flower with Copics, added the white twine, Hero Hues pearls and Hero Arts sentiment.

Check out all the other beautiful entries here. I love these challenges! If you have not joined in on the fun yet, you really should! They are a blast! The next challenge is scheduled for the week of January 17th. I'm hosting this next one! The exact day and time are still to be determined and will be soon. I sure hope you can join in!

Thank you, Linda for such a fun night! The theme was so clever and you were the perfect hostess!

Please remember starting Monday, the Hero Hostesses are sharing their joy of stamping with a blog hop! Start at the Hero Arts blog, and hop along to see some wonderful inspiration! It lasts all week with 4 or 5 hostesses each day! Believe me, you won't want to miss one single day! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

20 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your card. It is beautiful! Colors are great.

Scrumplescrunch said...

What a beautiful card Barb, it is a classic and a card that will never date.
I must look into the next 90min scramble, as long as it is the right time for us down here, are there any rules other than HERO ARTS STAMP?
Smiles:)

Karen B. said...

I've heard a lot about this Flickr challenge, thanks for the link to look back at all the cards. Yours is really lovely, I like the way the two stamps look together!

Karina Beck said...

Beautiful card you made!

Dawn T said...

wonderful Barb,... I got my Magical background in Dec so that's why I thought it was a 2011... nevermind...I'm sure my card was till okay for the scramble. It was fun wasn't it.

Lynn said...

Love your card Barb....really like the details of the twine and gems.

Anne said...

Wonderful card Barb- too bad I missed out on the scramble again- when will I ever remember!

Jill said...

Love how this looks on the magical background background- great pairing! HUGS!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Barb! I can't wait for the blog hop! It's going to be so much fun and I can't wait to see what you've created! Lovely card today as always!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful combination Barb!
Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Barb this is beautiful! Love those two stamps together and the way you coloured that hydrangea!

Brenda said...

I loved your 90 Minute scramble card over on the Flickr site Barb! Love the way you coloured in the Hydrangea and love that Magical Background stamp you used, they go so perfectly together on this card!

lynda said...

Another great card, Barb. I like the little pearls on the stem. Going to try to make it to the blog hop if I can. I have to try to check in to HA blog more often...I missed this challenge. Gotta get on the stick!

Rosemary said...

a beautiful card, barb! hoping i can take part in your 90 minute scramble!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! great job on the challenge :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

So pretty Barb! Love your hydrangea. I have that background stamp and haven't used it yet. Now you've inspired me to break it open! I wish I could've played along, but I was too tired and in bed before midnight.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful how you paired the hydrangea with this BG stamp! Love the slightly distressed edges!

Nancy said...

Such a beautiful card, Barb, and in no time at all! I was so bummed I missed that scramble, it looked like so much fun. Looking forward to visiting in the morning for the Blog Hop...I'll be back then...
bless you!

Diana N. said...

Beautiful cards! I can't decide which I like best,they are each beautiful in a unique way.

Suzanne C said...

This is gorgeous! Love the soft and pretty feel!