Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finally!

Hi all!

You may remember back in October, I won the challenge for the Hero Arts blog. It was for the end of the month. . .October2010B. I was so excited and quickly placed my order for the free stamps! I know from a previous win that it can take about a month to receive the prize, so when the end of November came, I watched for the package to arrive.

Thanksgiving came and went with no stamps. Then in December, life got busier than usual and I actually hadn't thought about it for a week or so. I received an email in the beginning of December from Hero Arts, telling me that the Magical Background stamp was out of stock and they asked me to choose something else. I was disappointed but replaced it with some paper, inks and gems.

Then I waited. . . .and waited. . . .and waited some more. I finally decided that something went wrong and sent an email to Hero Arts telling them I still had not received my prize. They got back to me that day, apologized and sent the order the next day. Well, the stamps finally came today!!! And the best part is that they now had the Magical Background in stock! Yippee! I've been trying to get my hands on that stamp since I saw it at Scrapfest!


Sorry the story got so long, but I'm very happy to finally have these fun stamps now! I also chose the Plaid Background, the Fabulous Flourish and the little cling called Let it Snow. Here is the only card I had time to make so far, but believe me, I'll be playing more very soon! :)




Well, it's really late and I need to get to bed. Can't wait to crawl under the covers and get warm! It's been so cold here! We woke up to -7 (that's BELOW ZERO) this morning! I keep telling myself, "Spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming." Maybe if I say it enough times, it'll happen! Yea, right!

Thanks so much for coming by! Your visits and comments mean so much to me! Night. . .

20 comments:

Dawn T said...

Lovely card and well worth the wait to get the Magical background. I really love it. Can't wait to see more with your new stamps.

Sudha said...

Beautiful work dear. Love the snowman.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Definitely worth the wait...such a sweet snowman and the Magical background makes it look like he's in the middle of swirling snow...love the design!
Sending warm thoughts...I can't imagine below zero temps, I get cranky when it gets down to the 40s.
Spring is coming, hopefully sooner rather than later!

ivy said...

i want that stamp too! glad you finally got it and stamped something fun with it!

stampingandstitching said...

Your card is adorable, Barb! It's so exciting getting new stamps and I'm glad you got your magical background! Your colouring on the snowman is gorgeous and he looks great against the magical bg with the added snow! Stay warm and yes spring is coming!

Scrumplescrunch said...

It is a lovely sweet card Barb.
The background is great, I can see it will be a very versatile stamp.
It is odd knowing you are all freezing there and we are sweltering with the humidity!
Smiles:)

Lynn said...

Oh...I love that background too....your card is so adorable! Happy mail day!

Joy said...

So pleased Barb that you finally got your stamps, and your use of the Magical Background stamp couldn't be more perfect.

Maybe if you say it is nearly Spring, nearly Spring then I could say it is nearly Winter, nearly Winter it may come quicker for both of us.

Hugs!

SewSuzySew said...

Oh Barb I feel for you! It was -10 the night when our heating failed in the evening ... It was the coldest night we've had this year ... I was at work the next day (up at 03:00) so this was the one occasion when I was glad to get to work to get warm.

So glad you managed to get the Magical Background ... Hubby bought it for me for Xmas and I still have to play.

Lovely Card ... can't wait to play as this stamp looks so versatile.

Hugs

Suze x

Nat said...

totally worth the wait, lovin this sweet card!! have a great day Barb!! :)

judkajudi said...

Barb, so glad I found your blog! This card is adorable! I remember the Wisoonsin winters very well and give thanks to live in a warmer climate. (You know it is too soon to think Spring in Minnesota!) Love your work; love your kind comments and hope to visit often. Hugs!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh Barb, your card is so sweet! Just love that little snowman with the background stamp. It was worth the wait, eh? :) It's cold here too, but we get to go to FL next week for vacation. Can't wait! Stay warm my friend!

Michelle said...

Adorable card, Barb! Well, you know what they say....good things come to those who wait....and wait ...and wait( as in your case)!!!lol
So sorry about the frigid temp.,I've been wishing for spring too!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Barb, so sorry to hear you had to wait so long! Glad you got that magical background, it is definitely a beauty I think that stamp can be used all year round for different occasion cards too! Can't wait to see what you do with the Fabulous Flourish!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Barb,

Love your snowman card--it is too cute. The wait was worth it.

Anita Rex said...

Spring has to come sometime! Maybe it will be early! We had a late winter this year (you too?) so I don't really know about that. It's freezing over here too that I have been avoiding going out! What a lovely card, so happy your stamps finally arrived! The magical background is one of my fav's too!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Happy New Year, Barb! Glad you finally received your goodies and your card simply fabulous! Thanks for the warm welcome back. :)

Karina Beck said...

Congratulations on your stamp. Gorgeous card you have made!

Anonymous said...

That Magical Background stamp is definitely one of my favourites! Lol! I won the same challenge with you Barb and I'm still waiting for mine too! I emailed HA yesterday though and they were so nice and are sending it out to me today :) I cant wait to get some new goodies to play with! :)

Suzanne C said...

Yeah! Love what you did with your new stamps. What a sweet and adorable card!