Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 2 More Faux Effects

Hey there!
 
I'm back with a card from the second day of the CAS One Layer Cards 3, online class. If you missed my cards from day 1, you can see them here.

There were three fabulous designers sharing their examples of faux effects today. I fell in love with Suzanne Dahlberg's pretty card! She used ghost stamping but on a white card this time. It doesn't show up very well in the photo but in real life you can see it.


I used one of my favorite stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp - their Flower Friend set. I wanted to use some softer ink colors so I grabbed various colors from SSS, Hero Arts and Memento Luxe. The white ink is StazOn Opaque Cotton White. 

After everything dried, I added a few orange circles using one of the many stamps in the Lots of Dots set from SSS. Then I added some yellow dots using Hero Arts' Neon Yellow Dauber. I just squished some of it onto my craft sheet, picked up the ink with a tiny paint brush and dotted it here and there onto my card.

I really love how this turned out! Reminds me of spring, which I am ACHING for!

Thanks for the visit! Hope you enjoy your day! ♥

15 comments:

Lin said...

Love these soft colors and the pretty background you created, Barb! It's spring-like here today, almost 60, snow is only left in tiny patches, and tomorrow we're to get another 6 inches! Yiyiyi, when will it end!! At least we're getting these warmer days interspersed.......

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful design and that stamp set is perfect. Those soft flowers are so pretty and like Lin I am ready for spring now. I need to start my homework!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty spring like card! And I am so ready for spring. smile. thanks for sharing.

Deepti said...

This is so pretty n beautiful :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, this is so soft and pretty, Barb! I really love all the pastels and how you arranged everything...reminds me of high end Designer Paper! Gorgeous 'Spring' card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Amazing what you can do with a one-layer, Barb! Love this with the little dots of yellow and the orange open circles!!

Greta said...

Such a happy card--does look like Spring!

Karen L K said...

Pretty card!

Vanessa said...

It's so so beautiful, Barb! I hope spring will come to you, soon!

Lynn said...

I love how it turned out too. Your card is absolutely amazing Barb!

Pam said...

Beautiful card! Love your colors. I have to finish watching the videos. Then I'll try a card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh, I LOVE the soft, springy colors! Such a pretty card, Barb! It was 61 degrees here yesterday and then snowing this morning. Can't wait for spring to get here and stay! :)

joy said...

Beautifully done, Barb! We will all be happy to welcome spring, won't we??

judkajudi said...

Love this sweet card! You add such perfect details .... we are having warm days and then cool days ... winter won't quit here, either.

Sharon Underwood said...

I love this! I have this stamp set and it is my favorite, too! Your colors are so soft and pretty.